Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,
after weeks of reading this great forum I finally decided to join and post my experiences here.
I live in Belgium and I received a couple of weeks ago the confirmation I got allocated one spot for a Yellow GT4 which will be build on June 2016 (delivery July 2016) :banana:

I am still considering a couple of options to finalise my build. Hopefully you can share some thought on those. For now I went for the following configuration
- Race Yellow
- Full leather/Alcantara with yellow stitching
- Wing support in black
- Pack Sport Chrono with application
- Extra tank (64lt)
- Light pack
- Full bucket seats
- Double zone clima
- Yellow seat belts
- PCM
- Sound Package Plus
- Bluetooth

I was wondering if PCCB and Clubsport package would be worth the steep option's price.

Car will be used mainly for fun (weekend drive) and for track (3-4 times/year). I have the Boxster S PDK as a daily drive for the good season and a Mercedes CLA during the winter. I would like to keep the car with the lowest mileage as possible in order to keep a good reselling value in the future as I plan to add a third supercar in the next years (Ferrari or Lamborghini)

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!
Alex

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome. I would get the clubsport package (if only we could spec it in USA!) but not PCCB. But I would do more track events. Not such an easy call if you are doing just a few events a year. The PCCBs weigh less and generate less dust and for street driving rotors may last as long as you own the car. The rotors are extremely expensive if you do have to replace them though. For me the 6 pt harness (must use hans also) makes a big difference driving on track. How much is the clubsport option on the GT4? I think it was a no cost option on the GT3.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey zedcat, thanks for the welcome and for your answer!

I do not exclude to do more events! To be honest with you, I am still not sure how many events there are in Europe which I could join, I need to get somewhere a list and start planning for 2016. Something I will do for sure is a private coaching session with my GT4 at Spa circuit in Belgium. I found an independent pilot working for Porsche here in Belgium who organise these kind of things.

In terms of costs, it is a 4k€ option and does not include the full bucket seats. It basically includes the cage (in black), the 6 points belts for the driver and the fire-extinguisher.

I have been reading a bit the forum and there are indeed a few opinions on PCCB as being probably the best options for street driving (as they would last more than standard ones) but far from being the best option if you plan tracking the car a bit more as the cost of the replacement is insane. How long would they last more or less if the main use of the car would be track events? Thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
4K Euro for the clubsport does not seem out of line. I am estimating about 5K USD to set up my GT4 (arriving in March) with aftermarket rollbar, sub strap bars, 2 sets Schroth 6pt harnesses. Still, having a Porsche factory set up would be preferred if we could get it here. Seems they should also include passenger harness.

On the PCCB when I was considering that option I estimated a set of replacement PCCB rotors (20k USD) was about 8 times the cost of iron rotors (2.5k USD). I just had a lot of doubt that PCCBs would last 8 times as long. If one was only going to have the car a couple of years though and a few track events PCCB might still make sense. With my luck though I would be changing wheels and slip and damage a rotor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4K Euro for the clubsport does not seem out of line. I am estimating about 5K USD to set up my GT4 (arriving in March) with aftermarket rollbar, sub strap bars, 2 sets Schroth 6pt harnesses. Still, having a Porsche factory set up would be preferred if we could get it here. Seems they should also include passenger harness.

On the PCCB when I was considering that option I estimated a set of replacement PCCB rotors (20k USD) was about 8 times the cost of iron rotors (2.5k USD). I just had a lot of doubt that PCCBs would last 8 times as long. If one was only going to have the car a couple of years though and a few track events PCCB might still make sense. With my luck though I would be changing wheels and slip and damage a rotor.
I understand, indeed if this is an aftermarket price it doesn't seem so expensive to have factory built-in by Porsche. Pity the bar cannot be painted with body colour as in the GT3 RS.
Still wondering about the PCCB though, I might pass on them considering that I really would like to drive the car on track as often as possible. How many track events you do on average every year?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I understand, indeed if this is an aftermarket price it doesn't seem so expensive to have factory built-in by Porsche. Pity the bar cannot be painted with body colour as in the GT3 RS.
Still wondering about the PCCB though, I might pass on them considering that I really would like to drive the car on track as often as possible. How many track events you do on average every year?
I have to preface that I am a track junkie! This year will be 40 track days. In Texas we can drive nearly year round. So the PCCBs were a no-go for me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would skip the costly PCCB's and opt for the club sport package which is a good deal not available here in the US. You can not even order here, since they require your VIN number when ordering.
Good luck with the new purchase.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
North Americans can only drool over Clubsport versions of Porsches...if you are tracking, and have another Pcar as a DD, going with Clubsport would be a great choice. PCCBs have a "cool" factor, but just don't seem to be worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your feedbacks. Indeed I have a Boxster S 2015 PDK as a DD so I am keeping the GT4 mainly as track car and a weekend drive every now and then.
I will follow your suggestion and email my dealer with the new option tomorrow, he will be glad to hear I suppose :). He also advised not to go for the PCCBs since not worth the cost.
Can't wait to get the new toy delivered (still 9 months waiting!)

:thanks:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts