Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

by: Veloyellow

Description: This short article shows how I modified the clutch sense switch, following the great post by Nexus-6. This mod is fast and simple and easy to put back to stock. The thread discusses several ways to do it...tape the switch "on", put a pin in it, use a cap to lock the switch in position, or jump the switch connection. This shows how I did the last option. Rather than just shove in a piece of wire to make the connection, I made a jumper cable from the unused contacts on the switch. As you can see from the picture, the switch only has 2 active contacts and when the clutch pedal is up, the switch shorts these contacts together.For my contacts, I broke off the unused switch tabs by using needle nose pliers and bending back and forth a few times until the contact came off. Then I soldered a short wire to connect to the tabs. Now its an easy thing to plug these back into the switch...perfect contact! I put the switch back into position and tucked the wires behind the fuse panel.With my car ('06 CS, short shifter), this change has a huge positive effect during shifting, especially the 1-2 shift. Throttle is quicker and feels much more connected. As you can see from the thread, some do not see the effect on their cars.

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts