Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted this in the 987 chat but realized that this is probably the proper section to post this in.

Hey guys, just wanted to your thoughts on what the possible issue with my clutch could be.

I have an 08 CS with 50k kms (about 31k miles) and the other day when I was driving I pushed down the clutch and it felt as if there was less resistance than there usually is. Then later that day I noticed that the clutch was engaging at a much high point. Normally it engages fairly early when left the clutch out and now it was engaging towards the top of the clutch travel. Now I don't think my clutch would go at such low mileage and I thought that if a clutch goes it happens slowly over time and not in the course of a day, correct me if I'm wrong? What else do you think could be causing this issue? I think the main thing here is the car still drives but the clutch pedal feels much less resistance even though it springs back up after I press it down. I thought maybe an issue with the hydraulics or cylinders? The gears engage but feels as if its slipping or not biting enough. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
When driving at 2500 rpm, step on it and run it up to 4000. Was the response instantaneous? If it takes a bit to take off, your clutch is slipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts