Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, after backing out the garage, I went to move forward as usual, gear selector in M, and nothing happened, the engine revved a bit and I lifted off the throttle. This sounded exactly like it does when I forget to select 1 and hit the gas and the engine just revs. I hit the up paddle and checked that 1 was selected, then it moved off as normal. I didn't see if 1 was actually showing before this as the steering wheel was in the way. Usually moving from reverse to M selects 1 for you. This felt like the auto-clutch didn't engage as usual.

Is this a problem, or just user error?

Suspicious factors include, this may be the coldest the car's ever been, it was 64° in the garage and 50's outside. The PDK is usually a bit sluggish when cold. Also, I drove at the first autocross on Saturday, I still have the odd sized wheel/tires on.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can't help you with your issue as I have MT, but just to let you know most of us would be really really happy right now to have such "cold" temperatures!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did u ever find the issue with this, mine has started again, winter temps again, once warmed up goes away , usually just from switching from reverse to drive and the next few stops, like getting out of parking space? I have a 2010 cayman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts