Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of replacing the clutch and other components as something (not sure what) failed and I am dropping the transmission.

I started doing a little research and it appears that there are components that are very similar yet vary in price quite a bit if there is a 'Porsche use" label next to them.

So from a technical perspective does it appear why one cannot use this clutch disc #1 vs. clutch disc #2? Both appear to have the same dimensional specs. The transmission itself appears to be sourced from an Audi FWD diesel I read but with different gearing.

Number of Teeth:23
Hub Profile:21,8x24,2-23N
Diameter [mm]:240
Parameter:240D

#1. Audi: SACHS (ZF SRE) Clutch Disc for vehicles with single disc clutch (881864 999502) buy cheap online - AUDI, DODGE, SEAT, SKODA, Volkswagen, JEEP
#2. Porsche: SACHS Clutch Disc (1864 000 411) buy cheap online - PORSCHE

This post is not meant to talk about Porsche loyalty and the fears of using non-Porsche parts. If you can enlighten me on what I am missing from a technical/functional perspective please do contribute.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I can't confirm they're interchangeable. But it appears so based on your sleuthing. Have you considered going to a local store and comparing the clutches side by side? That is if they have them in stock to do so and not a special order...

You mention price - but the Audi/VW part is actually more expensive.

Anyhow - I would focus more on power holding capacity. What are the Audi/VW cars rated at? less/more than the Cayman?

It actually would be kinda cool if the Audi/VW aftermarket upgraded clutches fit and were cheaper than say the $800++ Spec clutches for a Cayman.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts