Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people ive looked this forum since i got a cayman ive found alot of solution of my problems this was realy good but now i decided to create an account because i got an issue i never found something like.

First sorry for the writing im Belgian so i dont write or speak english perfecly.

So 2 days ago i hit something on road like a plastic barrel, he run underneath the car i nearly crash My cayman 2.7 2006 5speed Manual.

After the freak out i was trying accelerate but the car goes in neutral dont know why, i tried to go in 3 th but impossible to change gear i dont try forcing them...
I was in safe place and shut off motor and check for something but i dont see anything wrong underneath..., after some time decide to try gear with motor off and they was working but my clutch pedal was light not hard like before...

So then i decide to start the car the first speed working fine but after like 1 mins impossible again to change gear in driving... after the motor died at a stop i trying start it the car was shaking everywhere when i try go in 1 gear to move away..... needed to accelerate fast but was smelll burn clutch...

Anyone can help me now the car cant move ....

Again sorry for my english...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did you lose hydraulic fluid? Have you checked the reservoir? In the 986 it was common with the brake fluid, pretty sure that stayed the same in newer models check that. If it's drained look for a leak, fill it and bleed the system. Also, perhaps the shift linkage was affected by the road debris, check it at the rear where it links to the transmission. No matter what it is fixing it at the roadside is unlikely and driving it if it's burning the clutch will only add to the damage and repair expenses, probably safer to tow it..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello ty for reply, ive check many time but didnt see any loooses at the moment

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just look more things some minutes ago now the clutch pedal is shaking when i press it and the gearbox make some horrible sound......

·
Registered
268 Posts
Stop playing with it, the tow cost will pale in comparison to the additional damage you could easily be inflicting. I know it's tough to take given the freakish nature of the onset of problems but taking your financial lumps up front is the best path forward, best of luck. As noted by Dirty Harry " a man has got to know his limitations".

·
Registered
95 Posts
It’s sounding like you possibly flung what you hit into the transmission linkage and or slave cylinder. If the linkage is bent you could be between gears?

Being English is not your first language I’m assuming you didn’t hit an actual barrel. Maybe a metal pipe or can? Either way you need the car put on a lift and looked at as soon as possible. Make sure to let us know what the problem was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nono it was a plastic barrel +-(10 liter) i think it was full with something i dont know.

Now i dont drive anymore for sure since the car shaking.... but i dont find someone to look into it.... its realy sad....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Okay, I guess I don’t see a barrel that size getting under the car. If anything it would have damaged the bumper cover and bounced off. Get a mechanic to look at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have some damage on front bumper but nothing realy hard... only some peint ive seen the barrel again today with a friend it was on the other side of the road completly broken....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yagate - is that it? The car is going to sit unfixed indefinitely while you wait for a Porsche mechanic to magically appear? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello sorry, some news the car is going to a Porsche mechanic in 2 days with a truck I dont have clutch anymore Im hoping good news... But it can be alot of things btw the Motor is ok I think I just Heard some noise in idle but coming from transmission pretty sure about that.. Maybe clutch pressure plate ? The Porsche mechanic was hard to find.... All Porsche center are full.... With 3 months delay same for independants

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
speedy recovery for your ride and hope its not too serious...

3 months is a loooong wait! must be lots of pent up drivers there!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
speedy recovery for your ride and hope its not too serious...

3 months is a loooong wait! must be lots of pent up drivers there!
Lol i didnt know, there are so many Porsche user in Belgium haha.

The Garage is well know for restauration of oldtimer /track and good for maintenance i will see ^^ its a bit more cheap then Porsche center but im confident about them.

I got this car since some month i just bought it.... its 2th car on my life ive save alot of money to buy this... and ive spent some money in maintenance like all brake all fluid , brake shoes and many others things..... like 1200 euros since i got the car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello I give some news, they check it and say the clutch explosed.
They Will do a clutch change and after I reply there but Im pretty sure thats it.

1300 euros to do the clutch change i think it's good price

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had that happen on a BMW E46 M3 once. The linings basically exploded off the clutch disk. It was around $2,500USD to repair at my independent mechanic. When you get it back likely the clutch will feel much better than it did before it exploded. And that does sound like a good price.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I don't see how hitting some obstruction in the road explodes a clutch without also taking-out the oil-pan and/or coolant lines. Maybe the clutch went out due to driver's reaction trying to get off the barrel (or whatever)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't see how hitting some obstruction in the road explodes a clutch without also taking-out the oil-pan and/or coolant lines. Maybe the clutch went out due to driver's reaction trying to get off the barrel (or whatever)?
They said the clutch was near dying but the clutch never slipp before there was alot of clutch particle getting out the gearbox and the hit probalbly stress something i didnt even gear down or up when i was driving i was too much chocked to shifting...
The barrel hit the shift linkage who made the car going in neutral... they say i have luck the trans didnt go in first or reverse or something else...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts