Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, is there a good guide around for a 987.1 (3.2S) clutch replacement? I've been using a combination of the Pelican Parts Boxster Guide and You tube but both are geared toward a 986. I'm scratching my head at how to remove the Clutch Slave Cylinder.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Once you remove the shift cables from the ball crank (highlighted in the picture), you need to remove it. No puller necessary. Just pry it loose with a big prybar. It takes some force to pop it. Once that is off, the slave cylinder will slide out past the shaft.
Automotive design Gesture Art Font Graffiti

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for this. The access is pretty poor so getting some leverage on it is difficult. I can just about get something beneath the ball crank (I've tried to show in red how I'm attacking it). I'll gently increase the brute force.

Thanks for posting (appreciated).

Automotive design Gesture Art Font Graffiti

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts - appreciated. In the end, after a bit of head scratching I removed the gearbox without removing the slave cylinder and the plate. I'm now on the look out for recommendations on what to replace whilst i've got the gearbox out - currently I intend to do flywheel (bolts) and clutch.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This is a great time to add a WaveTrac LSD. If you enjoy canyon driving or autocross, this product makes your car more enjoyable, More thrust out of the corners and reduces snap oversteer into tight corners under braking. The Wavetrac also adds more stability when engine braking. I use my engine braking much more than usual touring owners, just because it works very well. My brake pad wear is minimal. I also use Numeric short throw shifter and their steel cables. These increase the pleasure of using the 6 speed manual both shifting up and down. Wavetrac and Numeric shifter/cable system. This remakes your car and your experience. Check it out!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Do all of it now you're in there. Clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel, fork, throwout bearing. There's a lot of work to get to where you are now (as you know), so you don't want to do it again any time soon.

There's a special tool to hold the flywheel while you torque the bolts, and the torquing process is very proscribed, so be sure to follow those instructions.

Also, mating the tranny back to the engine is difficult, they need to be in perfect alignment. Make sure both are held very steady, and grab a friend to help with that step. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts