Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wanted to make a thread about the infamous clutch safety switch that failed recently on my car . Seems like it’s a common problem you get in the car , press the clutch, turn the key and it won’t start. The dash will say “depress clutch” . It’s a small white switch under the pedal .

just wanted to show you a quick $5 fix that will save you from being stranded. Reach under the pedal and pull off the 2 wires from the switch terminals and insert the female ends of the wires onto a standard fuse. Works every time now until new part comes from pelican.

alternatively you can hold the key to start for 30 seconds but this won’t always work.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,837 Posts
Clever (hack) solution! Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice! I replaced mine a couple of months ago on my '05 BS. That thing was an absolute @#$%! to rotate and install....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed it today ! What a pain of a job , took 10 min but I had to use a pair of pliers to rotate a torx10 stubby bit to get the 1 screw out ..no room to even fit a ratchet just had to macgeyver it...didn’t have to remove anything else. Note the different part number on the failed one . I assume they changed some things , it works fine now.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Been a while since I replaced the pesky switch but as I recall it was nigh impossible to remove the switch directly. Instead I removed the bracket it attached to. Removing and replacing the switch was then easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts