Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CS is 15k miles, never tracked, when I engage 1st gear (or reverse) to start moving I feel a very slight vibration thorugh the steering wheel on the clutch "bite" point. It appears to be only noticeable when starting from cold and I don't feel that after moving and changing between gears.

I don't recall the car doing this when new, I'm afraid some clutch problem is emminent and my warranty is expiring in two months.
I took it to the dealer but this being a (at least for now) subtle I got the "no problem sir" reply pronto.

Is this normal, anyone feels the same?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Mine doesn't vibrate at all. Does/has anyone driven your car that may have slipped the clutch excessively, which introduces extra heat and the potential for warpage. With abuse, it is possible to damage most any clutch system. A friend of mine had her (Saab) clutch toasted badly by a valet parker...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine doesn't vibrate at all. Does/has anyone driven your car that may have slipped the clutch excessively, which introduces extra heat and the potential for warpage. With abuse, it is possible to damage most any clutch system. A friend of mine had her (Saab) clutch toasted badly by a valet parker...
No one as ever put their mittens on my car :) No abuse also, driven with gusto on mountain roads but using all the mechanic sympathy, I think I never made a standing start using high revs with my car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can't say I felt a vibration through the steering wheel, but there was a jerky feeling when engaging 1st from a stand-still. I too was wondering if I needed to visit the dealer under warranty, but there was a moment when I needed to pull out into traffic quickly and accidently rode the clutch a little...problem solved. My guess is that there was some residue/oxide build-up on my plate than burned off when I rode the clutch. Its been 6 months and have not felt it return.

Just my experience...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.