Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car was parked for two days. started this morning got check engine light. checked with OBDII scanner and i get code P0301. any suggestion? can it be from exhaust. i recently installed a B&B (billy Boat) Exhaust also IPD Competition Plenum,
06 Cayman S

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
P0301 is cylinder 1 misfire, passenger side front. Maybe a cable connector was dislodged in installing the exhaust. Or maybe happenstance. I'd check and see that nothing was pulled loose though if the exhaust is cat back you really weren't close to these cables. Otherwise if it is running ok you could clear it and see if it returns. Ghost in the machine and all that. I wouldn't expect a misfire on only one cylinder from what you've done other than coincidentally loosening a coil wire etc.

Maybe you already know but if you just google the code you get the basics right off. What the code is and possible causes.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P0301 is cylinder 1 misfire, passenger side front. Maybe a cable connector was dislodged in installing the exhaust. Or maybe happenstance. I'd check and see that nothing was pulled loose though if the exhaust is cat back you really weren't close to these cables. Otherwise if it is running ok you could clear it and see if it returns. Ghost in the machine and all that. I wouldn't expect a misfire on only one cylinder from what you've done other than coincidentally loosening a coil wire etc.

Maybe you already know but if you just google the code you get the basics right off. What the code is and possible causes.
Thanks for the reply. Exhaust and plenum was changed over a month ago. car has 39K on it. not sure if i should just change the spark plugs and coils. i cleared the code i'm going to drive around the block to see if i will get it

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Think plugs were recommended at 4 yrs or something like 40 or 48k miles so you could be due. I've seen a mention or two of cracked coils too. Going for a drive is a good plan. I've had codes just appear and never come back before so good luck. Wish it was warm enough here for a drive.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think plugs were recommended at 4 yrs or something like 40 or 48k miles so you could be due. I've seen a mention or two of cracked coils too. Going for a drive is a good plan. I've had codes just appear and never come back before so good luck. Wish it was warm enough here for a drive.
Cleared the code. After driving 150 miles got the same code. Just going to order the coils and change them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts