Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the guide thread(s) are moved to Porsche diagnostic sub-forum, this thread will serve as general discussion for coding.

Any requests, ideas, discussions. If thread gets too long, I can create a ToC like the guide and link to specific posts or even a wishlist.

One of the biggest complaint of mine is the PCM. I would love for it to remember the last AUX (bluetooth) connection. Defaulting to the radio at startup while volume is turned up is obnoxious. I've explored the PCM numerous times for this but unable to find it.

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
I'm sticking this thread so it remains visible. I would also like to invite people with experience using different brands of Porsche specific tools to do a brief review of the tool and its capabilities when used with a Cayenne. That information may help others make a choice in which tool to buy.

When I have a chance I'll review the Foxwell NT530 (with Porsche module.)

· Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I figured out how to skip the PCM bootup warning message. There was a coding option to set a timer and I changed it to 3. Haven't since the warning message since.

I'll need to track down this thing and post the guide.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Yes I will try, just out of curiosity, how did you determine 3 was the magic number? Did you try other numbers? Should I?

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Hi need help with the x431 coding for the light related to the dash clock on a Macan. Any ideas how i can make the option show up in the time/date menu?

thanks.
I'm not sure if you can isolate the clock light like that. I dont have a Macan so I can't say for sure. On the Cayenne my clock light comes on with the headlights. I can't toggle it on or off. BUT, I could very well be wrong. I would look in the instrument cluster or front end electronics. The search bar in the Launch really comes in handy for things like this. It beats trying to find it manually.

· Registered
9 Posts
One feature/bug with the PCM has been bugging me since the beginning: When you make or receive a phone call, the PCM stays in the phone app instead of switching to the last used function.
I'm not sure if this is something that is configurable.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I want to replace my front 8-way seats to 14-way.
Any ideas on coding before I buy.
I have Launch X431 but its locked in to update 23.85 (so navigation is tricky as its mostly in German ! )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.