Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After years of chasing the Italian prancing horse, and never quite having a long enough rope to lasso myself one, I......

Well...... I went on a Road Trip with a mate in his Porsche 997 is what I did.

And from that moment on, I began a renewing of my mind.

Why spend a lifetime chasing a car I may never be able to comfortably maintain, when, for a 1/3 of the price, I could have 99% of the car.

So I began researching Porsches, and Cayman's in particular.

I needed to drive one, so I popped to a dealer just to "see what one felt like".

After 5 minutes I silently thought to myself "This was a mistake".

I'd gone there to try "A" Cayman.

What I'd accidentally done was found "THE" Cayman.

Silver Cayman S 987.1 6 speed manual.

1 collector owner.

2007 so 10 years old

And in all that time, it had done 44,000k's.

The car presents as if new.

And was being sold on consignment by the ONLY Porsche Dealer in Perth.

Fast forward 3 weeks and the car is now mine. I collected it on the weekend, and I have ZERO regrets.

Now some of you will say "987.1...oooh better budget for a replacement engine" but.....BUT.......

again, I've done my research and I wont loose sleep over it any more than I'd loose sleep going "I've researched the human body, and we'll all die of heart attacks because I read some human hearts fail".

It's been well looked after and I'll continue to look after it equally well for....well probably for the rest of my life.

This is the big one for me. The search is over. This is my last big toy.

So without further a do........

CaymanS987

CaymanSBack

CaymanCollection

CaymanHome

Tunnel Blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2lBKsejIU

·
Porschista
630 Posts
A beautiful car that will give you years of happiness. Congratulations!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great looking Cayman S. I picked up my 2007 last October and did a road trip from Philly to Florida with my son. Like you, I am not going to fret over the IMS situation and just enjoy the car. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations, from another very happy 987.1 CS owner.

I had to double take the title. Around here, especially motorcyclists and people in the EMS industry use the term "collected" to mean "wadded up." "He went wide, and got completely collected in that decreasing radius corner."

Glad you only took delivery of yours. ;-)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
looking good there... nice lobster wheels!
stock exhaust is usually quite quiet.... if you want louder, the tunnel runs are more vocal ;)

.... enjoy in good health!
:drivingskid:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys.

Re exhaust, this is the factory fitted sports exhaust option, with the button to open it up and make it loud.

It was "open" on the above tunnel run.

Exhaust is usually the first thing on my list "to do" with cars, however I really like this option the way it is. Subtle when closed, "loud enough" when open.

All porsche fitted, original, and legal.

·
Registered
832 Posts
That rear 3/4 view is why I bought my 2007 CS. Well that and the first high speed corner I took where I found I could bring the rear around a bit with the gas peddle. I've now updated to a 2014 CS, but I'll never forget that 07. Enjoy and have fun with it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts