Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even suncoast wants $115 (!!!) for the OEM colored key trim...

And I see a lot of shady $10 items on amazon that replace the sides with color too, various materials...

What I want to know, as my keys are NOT the smart ones -- I have to engage them into the car, but I'd like to color mine -- has someone bought a decent replacement of colored trims for your, say, Boxster key and want to share a link?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I bought one from Amazon for $24 and it works flawless. Two or three years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a friend just messages me after I posted - with etsy... and etsy has a Yellow keyring crest! That'll do instead of the key trim. If I do still decide and do the key itself, @PG-IN, so those replacement trims do not interfere with inserting the key, you say. Good to know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
a friend just messages me after I posted - with etsy... and etsy has a Yellow keyring crest! That'll do instead of the key trim. If I do still decide and do the key itself, @PG-IN, so those replacement trims do not interfere with inserting the key, you say. Good to know.
Note that those who have the official key trim complain because the paint flakes off with use. A lot of money to pay for something that scrapes so easily. The cheap ones on various sites seem to be better for durability. They may not be official Porsche but in this case that sounds like an advantage.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nope! The one I bought was actually eBay but they sell on Amazon as well.

Seller is:

OriginalEuro

Here’s a blue one.

OriginalEuro Blue Remote Key Cover Case Skin Shell Cap Fob Protection Hull Trim for Porsche https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5SCIIZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Wsr9EbPYVVQR8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got the Porsche ones for my wife but as pointed above the paint chipped off from being dropped. Replaced hers with some bought off of Amazon and they're colored plastic all the way through so even if there is a scratch it doesn't stand out like the Porsche one which is white or gray under the paint.

Since we both have the same color keyblades I replaced the middle trim on mine with black (made by the same company as the keyblades) so there is at least a slight difference.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Carmonmon made mine. Here's a photo from my Amazon review.

Carmonmon blades are on the key. Chipped Porsche blades are to the side. I said the chipping was due to being dropped but there is also damage just from inserting and using the key that you can see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Carmonmon sides in red, and the center piece in CF - Amazon.com: Carmonmon Smart Key Pearl And Black Color Center Middle Trim Shell Cover Decal for Porsche 911 918 Panamera Macan Cayenne Cayman Boxster (Black): Clothing - (looks like the cf version is out) looks sharp and costs about $20, can’t go wrong honestly. Nobody can tell it’s not the Higher priced Porsche versions...but nobody really looks that close either.

The pink pig version looks fun as well Amazon.com: 3PCS Remote Key Covers Compatible with Porsche, Jaronx Glossy Blue Key Fob Shell Cover Painted Keyless Entry Skin Protectors (Compatible with:Porsche Boxster Turbo Cayenne Panamera Macan Cayman 911): Automotive

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good choices, good info... for now I found the leather crest in Yellow on etsy; I'll see if I stick with it that way or go for the key coloring...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Even suncoast wants $115 (!!!) for the OEM colored key trim...

And I see a lot of shady $10 items on amazon that replace the sides with color too, various materials...

What I want to know, as my keys are NOT the smart ones -- I have to engage them into the car, but I'd like to color mine -- has someone bought a decent replacement of colored trims for your, say, Boxster key and want to share a link?
$10 amazon are perfect, come in a nice little box, ive had em for a year. No reason to pay 115.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts