Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Plastidip or paint? If paint, factory or after delivery? I don't mind the look at all...actually think those wheels on a yellow car look better than than the standard silver.

Reactions: commotoed

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks good! I like that you did not color the backside....details

eh

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
To each his own, if you like it it's fine. I wouldn't do it unless you're talking black or titanium but everyone has different taste. My honest opinion is that it's a bit garish.

Love'm or Hate'm, we all have opinions.
Tell me what you think.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Yellow is already a very strong eye catching color on the 981, but very pleasant. Yellow wheels will make it too strong for the eyes, not like white wheels on white 981, for example.

I can't love them or hate them... They're just not my cup of coffee in the pictures, although in person I may have a different opinion. But if you do, congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I prefer contrasting color but for some reason I actually like the look. Bet there is someone else on the forum that just might like that yellow............

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think it's neat -- but I'd want find some contrast somewhere.... Like a black stripe down the hood or something, or is that too...unrefined for this car?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plastidip or paint? If paint, factory or after delivery? I don't mind the look at all...actually think those wheels on a yellow car look better than than the standard silver.
Factory painted (I got lazy & had too much $$$ to spend).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not something I would have chosen. However, as long as you're happy. You haven't said...you do like them???:banana:

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I don't love them but I don't hate them either. It just isn't something that I would do on my car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
not my favorite. it's kinda too much.

·
Registered
626 Posts
A bit too much for me.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
That's a lot of yellow.

But if you like them, that's all that matters.

Reactions: commotoed

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think it's more a matter of what we're used to than what we like. We're so trained to expect silver/grey/black wheels on cars, when we see something like this it seems garish. My brain is saying no no no, but my nonconformist side likes it.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
First: Racing Yellow is a fun color for a fun car. That is my excuse for ordering Racing Yellow on my GTS.
So, if you are having fun with it, enjoy. For me, I wanted to pick up the black highlights of the GTS trim, so I ordered the black satin wheels. Even though my idea was "fun color for a fun car", I probably would not have gone with yellow wheels -- which never crossed my mind anyway.
-. Enjoy the ride.
D

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Add some black stripe and I think it will complete the look.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love them. I have had a Saab 900T red that I painted the "relief" areas of the wheels red (loved it), a BMW Bike (RS1100RSLA) Black on Black on Black, an Audi A-4 Dolphin Grey with all the Chrome bits painted maroon, an MGB yellow with flat Black fenders from front to back from top to belt line. I guess I'm just weird that way.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
It's a bit much but again you went for yellow and the fun side. I think that colored wheels look good in the GT3 green and orange better because of that same "fun" and racing side. The yellow is much more common on the street, so going matching color sets you off from the others. I would never buy a bright color like that for the street because it draws too much unwanted attention and I like having a driver license.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts