Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I placed an order for a Sapphire blue metallic CGTS with sport techno wheels.I never personally looked at a saphire blue metallic CGTS in person until this weekend.There was a base cayman one the lot albeit a little dusty and it didn't blow me away.It looked different from the regular whites and greys etc but nothing spectacular.It might have to do with the fact that it wasnt clean.

The pictures online with my exact combination look amazing.
9tro_051514_052127_AY5T7683.jpg
<font size="2">

The other color that i was interested in was the carmine red.I always wanted a red car but at the end couldnt dare to end up ordering one for the obvious reasons.My SA just called me and said the though the order is in V210 stage he might be able to try to request a change.I cannot find any pictures of a Carmine Red cayman GTS with sport techno wheels online.I also doubt if carmine red is worth the premium.The closest picture of a red car with sport techno wheels isn't carmine red but yet stunning.

49188d1404665847-great-combos-sport-techno-wheels-red-boxster-s-beige-interior-jck_9005-441kb.jpg

<font size="2">
If its really a gorgeous combo,I dont mind the premium.I would appreciate some suggestions regarding this.I followed another thread about carmine red on this forum which concluded that it wasn't any special.

My Build code: PGIG3YE5

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the s-Blue boxster....Love it..i get complements on the color daily. Having said that, im not sure I like it on the cayman. The black contracting roof breaks up the blue nicely. In my eyes, the blue is a bit too much without the roof contrast. If I was to get another Cayman (already had a white one), I think I would go with the C-Red. I like it much more than the Guards red. In the end, you are the one who needs to love it though

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Carmine Red all the way! SBM is common as dirt...separate yourself from the crowd and get the Carmine Red. It's unique to the GTS model, and looks great (there's one parked in my work garage #notjealous)
Yes, CR costs a little more, but this is an expensive car, so who's counting pennies?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the s-Blue boxster....Love it..i get complements on the color daily. Having said that, im not sure I like it on the cayman. The black contracting roof breaks up the blue nicely. In my eyes, the blue is a bit too much without the roof contrast. If I was to get another Cayman (already had a white one), I think I would go with the C-Red. I like it much more than the Guards red. In the end, you are the one who needs to love it though
I checked out Guards red on the lot and I felt it to be a bit lighter.Between guards red and sapphire blue,i would pick sapphire blue.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If the price difference between Sapphire and Carmine doesn't phase you and you really want Carmine, that's a great choice. Otherwise, Sapphire, which is also a fabulous colour in person when clean.

Ultimately, don't look at the price and then determine cost no option which you would choose first, second, etc... Then factor back in cost and make your decision.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
+1 on the Carmine. It looks amazing. However, if I were spending that much extra for the paint color, I'd bite the bullet for PTS and get something truly unique.

·
Registered
700 Posts
+2 on Carmine Red. In person I prefer DBM to SB but color is all personal taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhYeahS

·
Registered
475 Posts
Carmine!
You really have to decide for yourself. Personally, I loved Sapphire in pictures, but not so much in person. I believe it is mostly due to Sapphire being metallic - I did not care for it up close, nor did I care for any of the metallics.

Carmine Red is non-Metallic (as is white, yellow, guards)...

You have to decide, not us.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
My Sapphire Blue gets compliments all the time (though interestingly only from women so far [1 year]). The Carmine Red is much less in your face than Guards Red and might work better if you're over 30 and not trying to look like a Ferrari. If you're under 30 and want to look like a Ferrari, Guards Red is perfect.

In the end go to the dealer and get what YOU like. It's all subjective.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If I was gonna go for a cop-magnet color, I'd pick the blue. :dance:

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
I always wanted a red car but at the end couldnt dare to end up ordering one for the obvious reasons.
There are obvious reasons for not ordering red? Like what? :confused:

Carmine Red. It's unique to the GTS model
:confused: Anyone can order Carmine in red in any car model. Porsche advertises all the GTS models in Carmine Red (e.g., Cayenne) just like the 2012 Boxster S was advertised in Silver with red interior. Macans S cars are advertised in Sapphire Blue. That doesn't mean Sapphire Blue is unique to S cars.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am definitely not in for guards red.Red is a hot color on a car.Apart from being a cop magnet,I sometimes doubt if I can pull it off.I am 37 .

·
Registered
727 Posts
Point of information: My car is Amaranth Red and not Carmine Red. I get compliments on it everywhere I go. I am sure you would have the same with Carmine Red. Carmine is a deeper red than the Amaranth which has a hint of orange in it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If I was gonna go for a cop-magnet color, I'd pick the blue. :dance:
I've been stopped by the cops twice in my first year in my 2014 blue cayman s and got a warning both times. They both told me they love the car and asked about how it drives. I think they just wanted to see it up close. The last time I was pulled over the cop said "it's a good thing you stopped, I never would have caught you!" They were good guys. Car guys. And they were right to pull me over, I was speeding both times.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've been stopped by the cops twice in my first year in my 2014 blue cayman s and got a warning both times. They both told me they love the car and asked about how it drives. I think they just wanted to see it up close. The last time I was pulled over the cop said "it's a good thing you stopped, I never would have caught you!" They were good guys. Car guys. And they were right to pull me over, I was speeding both times.
My luck with cops has been... different.

When I was 21 I had a red Z28 and I almost went to jail a couple times in that...

Then I had a blue GTI, got a lot of unwanted attention in that too.

Then my next two cars after that were silver. I got significantly fewer tickets in those cars (my driving habits changed somewhat).

This time I got black, same reasons, I prefer the low key look... these cars are already 'attention getting' enough, it doesn't need to be a flashy color.

Reactions: KGX and Rickyb

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I am definitely not in for guards red.Red is a hot color on a car.Apart from being a cop magnet,I sometimes doubt if I can pull it off.I am 37 .

Damn. I don't even know what to say to this.

FWIW, you'll love Sapphire Blue. A friend has one and it pretty much looks just like the pics above in person.

Reactions: Al_in_SB

·
Registered
648 Posts
Speeding gets you tickets, not the color nor make of your car.
Yes and no. Sure, if you're all by yourself and speeding and there's a cop, yeah you're caught.

But, if your in a pack of cars and speeding, and the cop can only pull one person over, 9 times out of 10 it will be the red sports car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ordered the Saphire blue with the SportTechnos and love it. The color draws a crowd. C'mon, you're already going to be that douc*he with a Porsche, don't be a douc*he with a red Porsche :)

Swapped out the Sport Technos for black BB's for track season, but you get the drift...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts