Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies, so will we know more in 10 days (LA Auto Show) or are we holding our breath for Geneva? ;)
I am cautiously optimistic about an announcement in LA because I think Geneva is too late before they announce the new GT4 Clubsport model as the teams will need to start the season.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I pretty much know how I want my next car Spyder or GT4.

Dual zone
LWBS
Nav
Burmester
PDK if available
Light design package
Carbon interior
Carbon brakes maybe
LED lights
Some spectacular color
I’ve just started thinking about this as well. My list so far:

Dual Zone
LWBS, but I have to sit in them first. Any dealership car with LWBS is usually locked down. I have the 18-way now and love them
Apple CarPlay however I can get that. No need for anything more
Sound Package plus (have it now and more than I need). Going deaf anyway.
Manual. God I hope it is a 7-speed.
Carbon Int (have it now)
PCCB if I can afford it.
Full leather
PTS - DBM (sadly I have to do PTS to get my fav color now).
Oh, and this time Pebble/Agate interior if possible. The black is great, but I saw the pebble/agate interior once and fell in love. Amazing.

Basically I want a 4.0L flat 6 Spyder version of my GTS with PCCB and car play. LWBS and interior color are secondary. 7 speed with closer ratios would be icing on the cake, although where I live now I rarely get into 4th...
So now that the car is real there are some choices to be made! 😉

Gentian Blue?
Go with the 6 speed or PDK?
What interior, not too many options here, basically blacks with stitching unless you opt for the classic?
At least the LWBS are available...

Me, I am still building and rebuilding it! No colour decision made yet either.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Westcoaster
Are you on a waiting list at a dealer ?
Any word on when Porsche will start taking orders ?
I would love to see our final choices.

I am happy with my decision to stay with my 981. All came down to not being willing to take on $32k in new debt and the $700-900 a month in payments for a 48 or 36 month finance that came with it.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Westcoaster
Are you on a waiting list at a dealer ?
Any word on when Porsche will start taking orders ?
I would love to see our final choices.

I am happy with my decision to stay with my 981. All came down to not being willing to take on $32k in new debt and the $700-900 a month in payments for a 48 or 36 month finance that came with it.
Hi Augie, if I had a 981 Spyder I would probably stand pat as well, and even though I did not, there was nothing 'wrong' with my modified Boxster GTS so it was only after a lot of wresting with emotions and soul searching that I decided to move toward a 718 Spyder, and certainly the financials were a huge part of it!

So, yes I am on a dealer waiting list, I have only been a Porsche guy for 13 years, but a car guy since before I could drive, Porsche was never even on my radar until I went in search of a convertible sports car and discovered the Boxster. As you can see from my signature I have been through a few, always tempted by the improvements and capabilities added with each new model, this jump is no different. I told my SA, if Porsche ever brings back a flat-6 NA in the Boxster with 400+ HP, there would be no question I would be in...

I am wearing a path from my house to the dealership, I go back weekly, grab a coffee, stand about until the notices me :cool: then chat a little before I ask if there is any news about orders. So far the answer has been the same, orders opening soon, suspected build for North America in December/January with expected deliveries over here in March/April, but still nothing official.

As for the build spec, it is still in a state of flux, we have a lot of taxes up here and more coming so as the Spyder starts at $112k CDN I have to be careful of the totals.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
That timeframe is what I was told also
I'll keep an eye out for your posts; always good thoughtful reading

21 - 25 of 25 Posts