Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

As a potential first time Cayman S buyer I thought I'd reach out to the experts here and see what I should be concerned about with a 2006 Cayman S with the manual transmission. It has 30k miles and the following (from the dealer website):
Features & Options
Ext / Int Color
Carmon Red Metallic with Sand Beige Leather Interior

Luxury Features
Air Conditioning
Telescoping Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel Radio Controls
Cruise Control
Tilt Steering Wheel
Clock
Tachometer
Heated Seat

Power Equipment
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Mirrors

Safety Features

Thanks much for your help!

·
Registered
204 Posts
That seems like a pretty BS feature list to me. I hate when sellers do this. Doesn't tell you if the car has anything other than base features.

You might need to provide more information to get a useful response in this thread.

So it's a special paint color on standard leather CPO. Got a price? Any more details? Pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply...

Here's what I could find so far:
Power, memory, heated seats
19” carrera classic wheels
Floor mats
Porsche exhaust (Sport Exhaust & Sport Shifter)
MSRP $64.6K

And here is a link to the car...So far I've got him down to $36.6K

2006 Used Porsche Cayman S at Century Automotive in Huntsville, AL | BMW, Buick, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, Volvo, IID 5135400
Agree w/ pointnumber1 - either the seller is trying to overhype his car by listing the standard features, or is just really lazy in listing the options. From what you've posted it sounds like this particular CS has the following options:

Power seats
19" Carrera Classic wheels (you should inquire about the tires - brand and remaining treadlife)
Sports Exhaust - doesn't add any hp, but does improve exhaust note
Short Shifter - nice option
Floor mats

If I were you, I would ask if the car also has Bi-Xenon headlights (instead of standard halogens), Sport Chrono, and PASM.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply...

Here's what I could find so far:
Power, memory, heated seats
19” carrera classic wheels
Floor mats
Porsche exhaust (Sport Exhaust & Sport Shifter)
MSRP $64.6K

And here is a link to the car...So far I've got him down to $36.6K

2006 Used Porsche Cayman S at Century Automotive in Huntsville, AL | BMW, Buick, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, Volvo, IID 5135400
I think that original MSRP is a little low, but I think you can go lower in your offer. If you go to Porsches car configuration and put in the same options, it goes over $70K easy.

I got my 06CS for $36K last year with full leather, nav and xenons. No sport exhaust or 19s but same mileage. Original MSRP was $74K.

Looking at the dealers site, she looks like a winner to me. Doesn't look like the tires have much life in them, but that could be the photo. I believe CPOs are supposed to get new tires and brakes if their past a certain point. I'd examine them very carefully and follow up on that. I'm sure there's plenty of CPO owners here that can provide you more info.

Also, there is a conflict on their page. It says under the Porsche certified PreOwned description it says 2yr/100K for vehicles outside of new warranty... which I have to assume this car is. However, farther down it says, vehicle is sold AS-IS. CARFAX reports 2 owners... maybe this was a CPO car when the 2nd owner bought it, and it isn't now? I'm confused. I would get that clarified, if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
. . . Also, there is a conflict on their page. It says under the Porsche certified PreOwned description it says 2yr/100K for vehicles outside of new warranty... which I have to assume this car is. However, farther down it says, vehicle is sold AS-IS. CARFAX reports 2 owners... maybe this was a CPO car when the 2nd owner bought it, and it isn't now? I'm confused. I would get that clarified, if you haven't already.
I agree, I would confirm that you are getting a full CPO warranty on the car, and find out if they did any refurbishment for the CPO, e.g. new brake pads/rotor, tires, etc. Even with the CPO, $36K still sounds a little high to me, but it can depend on your local market.

That color combo is really nice looking though . . .

·
Registered
189 Posts
MSRP is correct at $64605
Carmona Red Metallic
Sand Beige Standard Leather
Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
Heated Front Seats
19" Carrera Classic Wheel
Sand Beige Floor Mats

Don't think it has sport exhaust(factory).

Original sale date 4/06 and CPO'd 1/2010 so it will have warranty until 4/2012

Would expect the car to need rear tires given the mileage.

Seems like a very nice car if that is the color combo you want, again I may be in the minority here but seems like a lot of car for $36k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts