·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: Boski

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can someone explain the mechanism in which the car looses power? The aftermarket mounts are stiffer than oem?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The theory is that the knock sensors experience false knock as a result of stiffer motor mounts, and as a result, the ecu pulls timing to reduce knock. Thus reducing performance.

It actually makes sense if you think about it. Knock sensors are amazing devices, but they can't differentiate between real knock in the combustion chamber and false knock from some ancillary source.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
I installed one of the orange inserts in my engine mount and I haven't experienced any issues. There may be a slight bit of harmonic distortion but it's hard to tell if that is from the engine mount or the shift cables.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I installed one of the orange inserts in my engine mount and I haven't experienced any issues. There may be a slight bit of harmonic distortion but it's hard to tell if that is from the engine mount or the shift cables.
I’ve done the same with eibach inserts and the tune-able engine mounts. No loss of power for me either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts