Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm considering adding Boothe 6mm & 15mm (f & R) spacers. Should I be concerned about reliability or other issues? I have done a bit of research but these seem to be the most commonly used. Are there better options that are also complete kits? BTW, this is daily driver use with no track.

Edit: questioning reliability of all spacers in general. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
I'm considering adding Boothe 6mm & 15mm (f & R) spacers. Should I be concerned about reliability or other issues? I have done a bit of research but these seem to be the most commonly used. Are there better options that are also complete kits? BTW, this is daily driver use with no track.
They've held up pretty well for others and for myself as far as I can tell. Ralph is a great guy too!

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I have yet to hear a report of a spacer of any brand failing under normal driving conditions.

One thing you might keep in mind is that the 5mm and 6mm spacers fit over the existing hubs so they are essentially just flat metal discs - so there's little chance of anything going wrong with them. The thicker spacers, 10-15mm, have hubcentric hub extensions that the wheel slides onto. The thickness of these extensions vary across brands - for example, I've noticed that Boothe's extensions are thicker than my Maxspeeds, which could potentially be a point of failure. But then again, the wheel is also fixed to the hub with 5 lug bolts so the odds of anything happening are low IMO.

Again, I have yet to hear of any problem reports from anyone, anywhere, with regards to spacers.

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
...questioning reliability of all spacers in general. Are there any issues I should be aware of?
The only must do issue would be including longer lug-bolts as per the spacers thickness. Boothe will have ya covered ;).

zornet :):burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I've been using H&R's for 3 years without any problems but I always had that as a doubt in the back of my mind. I got studs but haven't installed them yet.
I did have a friend (who does probably 30 track days a year) lose a rear wheel at the track and he then added the studs.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Robertz - I'm not sure where in Texas you're at (I'm near Dallas), but once my new wheels arrive (2-3 weeks), I'll be selling my 7mm and 14mm spacers and longer lug bolts. I've had them for less than a year with no issues at all (up to about 130 mph). Let me know if you're interested and I can help you put them on as well.

I hear Boothe makes great product, but I bought mine fom Maxspeed Motorsports for much less.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My only issue with spacers would be cast vs. Billet. I would not want cast. It would most likely never be an issue with cracking but it would be in the back of my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
It would most likely never be an issue with cracking but it would be in the back of my mind.
I know what you mean; a lot of stuff back there.

FYI - I installed the studs yesterday. Happy with the fronts but rears are OK with 15mm spacers but I don't think they are long enough for the 23mm that I may use in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts