Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Porsche Enthusiasts,

I have had my car for nearly 4 months and I feel like a little kid every time I start the car (Cayman Racing Yellow 2.7, PDK with Chronos package, Sport tailpipe, electric folding mirrors, and front, back parking sensors, bi-xenon lights, and upgraded the music system to CDR+) :). After my first day I had 3M Protection film installed and the back windows tinted.

I have enjoyed my car thoroughly driving though Europe for nearly two weeks. I broke in the engine really well by the time I got to Spain on my second week of having the car. The return trip through Spain, Italy, and Germany was amazing. I recorded my whole trip on Stelvio pass and I wish I lived closer, I know what I would be doing most weekends.

I'm in the mood to do something to my car I have the stock rims for the cayman and I am thinking of having them painted in black Matte, any recommendation/suggestions in the London/nearby areas of whom you would go to have this done?

On another note, I'm dissapointed I never had the PSE installed at the time I did not have the budget and it was only £1,200 at the time :)()... to retro fit this option it now costs £2K at the Porsche dealership... this may need to wait (a year). Although I am open to any suggestion or ideas on how to shortcut this process?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm glad to hear you are having fun.
Have you test drove a car with PSE yet? I was in your position and after test driving one with PSE I found the difference not significant at all and didn't buy it. Give it a try first.
BTW 2.7 engines are already louder and more screaming than S models so you might want to consider that too.
Best of luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Omidoo I havent test driven a car with PSE. Looking to have the wheels done in the next month or so. Just have to decide between black or Black matte.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have Racing Yellow CS and have been trying to decide whether to black out the stock wheels or not. I have Plasti-Dip my last car wheels in black and they turned out just great, but that was a gray graphic colored car. It only takes one day to do all four wheels and about $35 in Plasti-Dip so I just might go for it as I'm getting tired of cleaning the brake dust out between the spokes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
61714d1438171511t-tyre-pressure-sensors-pcm-2-1-fullsizerender.jpg 61715d1438171521t-tyre-pressure-sensors-pcm-2-1-image1.jpg
I got mine done recently. They now look like new. Not matt balck baut a dark Anthrecite with silver fleck in. They look different in different light. I used to have matt black volks on my track Miata which I loved. The only thing that I took issue with was that they never looked 'clean'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts