Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been spending the last 2 months scanning autotrader and cars.com looking for a 1 owner '06/'07 CS with low miles, no smoke, winters, tracked etc. In our April local PCA regions monthly magazine was an ad for an '07 CS in Meteor Grey Metallic ($690) with Sea Blue leather with Tip. It has the Preferred Package Plus ($7,995), heated seats, Bose surround, Bi-Xenon, 6 Disc CD, Auto Climate Control ($550). All the requirements checked off. 1 owner, no winter, no rain, no track, stored in a climate controlled garage, and only 3,102 miles. Warranty good until 5/30/11. Asking price of $42K. The seller lives only 40 minutes from my house so I quickly fired off an email to inquire further. Turned out his new car had come in, wasn't able to wait to sell it himself and ended up trading it in at an Acura dealership. Just my luck! How much sweeter it would have been to have bought it privately and avoided all that comes with dealerships. Just for kicks I decided to see if the dealership had it advertised. BTW, the dealership just drove it directly into the showroom, it is that clean. Sure enough there it was with an asking price of $38,410. Original MSRP was $68,995. Well maybe the quest isn't dead yet as the price had gone into my favor. The seller told me they gave him $35K in trade. So that's more useful information. I'm generally not an auto/manual type driver but can be convinced otherwise by some of you guys who may have that transmission. The cars only been on the market 2 weeks this Tuesday. I'm headed down to the dealership tomorrow to check it out. I've been hanging out on this site trying to learn as much as I can. This would be my first P car at 66 years old. I would be interested to see what you guys (and gals) with many years of Porsche experience think of this scenario. I'm at the point in life when I keep asking myself what am I waiting for? Is this one of those opportunities that's too good to pass up? A $69K Porsche for $38K or am I missing something?

Here it is:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like a good, solid deal for you. If ticks all your boxes then go for it.
BW

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Sounds like a nice car at a good price. I sometimes miss "rowing through the gears", and I know a lot of guys think that a "proper sports car" should have a manual, but as I have gotten older (and lazier) I don't miss it that much - and I still enjoy the heck out of my car on the track and as a daily driver.

You wouldn't be the first sexegenarian to buy his first Porsche. :cheers:

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you won't miss not having a manual then jump on it. Everything else sounds great to me. Price for an "S" with the low miles and that year is right on the money. You'll love it and kick yourself at the same time for waiting so long.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Go get it!
The car is a dream to drive,
the power to pass at will on the freeway is awesome...
and hitting the twisty roads... even better!
Test drive only if your serious...
That's what seals the deal.
Did I mention the car is beautiful?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Sounds like a nice car, PDK or Manual is a very personal choice. Before you run off and make an offer on this car, you need o drive a manual then drive this car. Only then you know what you want and will be able to make a decision with out any second thoughts. You waited this long and you should to get exactly what you want. Don't settle and good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.