Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Considering this GT4, did anyone own this?

10K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Seinsmeld13 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Lovely car and a great colour, but I have to admit, I struggle to understand who would have bought a GT4 in 2016 and put less than 3,000 miles on it. Even now, coming up on seven years since I got it, I still find excuses to take my car out. "Got the milk! Oh! Did I forget to get eggs? No worries, I'll just go back......".

#5 ·
I struggle to understand who would have bought a GT4 in 2016 and put less than 3,000 miles on it.
Like your R, the GT4 is not a street friendly car. Some of them have to pull double duty as street cars along with being a track weapon. A local club member bought a GT4 but it rode so rough his wife refused to ride in it. This was during the height of GT4 hysteria, so Porsche of Omaha made him a sweet trade deal on a 911 GTS for his GT4, which had very few miles on it. People may buy a GT4 for all the style and horsepower and then find it's not a car they can live with.

Reactions: wright and cobby
#7 ·
Yes, that's one of the many expensive Porsche add ons you can option. There is even the option to get them covered in leather for those who wish to waste as much money as possible on the Porsche option configurator:)

#14 ·
Very nice pick up and a very nice pair of cars, the White RS is beautiful.

It looks like an Uber sticker in the windshield of the RS - if it is that’s pretty funny.

Good luck and enjoy both cars in good health.

#17 ·
Haha thanks yea it's a Joke as the car took a lot of funds to get sorted and we joked that it needed to be used as an Uber.

That particular RSA was the first Porsche I rode in as a kid and through circumstance I had the opportunity to buy it a few years ago as part of an estate auction and was grateful for the opportunity. The car was in great shape overall but had this patina from being kept in a warehouse for a few years. After some amateur wrenching and professional mechanic tending she is now very well sorted. Hope to keep her forever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Interesting I just noticed the VIN. I thought ALL GT cars were built in Stuttgart? In fact I thought ALL Cayman/Boxster production was back in Zuffenhausen by 2016?

Reactions: RADONCulous
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.