Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a former Porsche owner, and now contemplating ordering a new CS, as I am on the verge of becoming an empty nester, I have found this site invaluable in providing information and opinions from owners which will have a direct impact on what I will and will not include on a vehicle.

Does anyone know what colors in contrasting stitching are available with the full leather interior in either sand beige, natural leather, or terracotta?
I can't find that information anywhere on this site and the dealer is three hours away. She wants the sand beige but is considering the other two colors. And, she wants a stitch which will set off the color finally decided on but thinks I should stay away from a lite colored stitch because of dirt. Any help would be appreciated. :) :thanks:

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Stitching is available in brown and sand beige threads among a variety of others. With a sand beige leather interior the stitching color would depend upon the exterior color since sand leather is neutral. A blue car could use blue stitching, red car w/ red stitching, and so on. A coco interior would look good w/ a sand beige thread. To do the stitching correctly without omitting the gearshift and handbrake, for example, certain exclusive options must be selected. A thorough and complete stitching will run into the thousands. A copy of the order guide will give you the options, but a session with a dealer who has done this before is essential.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I almost special ordered my Cayman but ended up buying one from dealer stock. My special order would have included contrasting stitching so I've given it more than passing consideration. The previous post about exterior color has merit, the car color has to be considered. Sand beige looks outstanding with Cocoa stitching with any exterior color. In my mind the only exterior that works with Terracotta is one of the silvers. That would dictate grey or silver thread. If I was ordering my car today it would be Malachite Green with Sand Beige and Cocoa stitching.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, green is one of her choices, but I am trying to steer her away from dark colors as they are terrible to keep clean. Ask anyone who has owned a black automobile, not also to overlook how hot black cars get in the sun. Also, as an owner of a car with a black interior (once) I will never own one again. Thus, my post on the other interior colors.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
You could always do white on terracotta and then do white stiching inside. I've actually seen that with a few interior pieces painted white also. Looks great. Same for white or silver on a blue interior with white or silver stiching.

As Dave C said, if your going to do deviated stiching,.....do it all, every last bit. I've seen some cars where just the seats are done, or just seats and doors and no dash, and they just don't look right IMO. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
The coolest combination I've ever seen I saw in a parking lot, and never met the owner. It was on a 997. A white exterior with a light grey interior and light blue stitching.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
The coolest combination I've ever seen I saw in a parking lot, and never met the owner. It was on a 997. A white exterior with a light grey interior and light blue stitching.

Sounds like a nice combo,....they could have then added deviated blue carpeting. Again, too many combos to boggle the mind.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I don’t think you need advice on picking a color but maybe you missed this for what’s available.

Planet-9 - FAQ: Cayman Options

"The color of that stitching can be changed to a 'deviated' color upon request (Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Brown)"....and for some big bucks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
+1 on note for keeping white stitching clean. The funny thing is that normal process of soiling usually causes less problem than less than careful "cleaning" up of the seats. The leather cleaning substance slips so easily into stitching and stains it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I completely agree on light colored stitching getting soiled. That is why I would get a darker thread. I am sure that the light stitching really "pops" when new but looking at long term me thinks darker is better. I intend to drive the car. As with my earlier Porsche, I bought it because of the way it drove ...not because it said Porsche on it. If I order a CS it would not become a garage queen. Thanks for all of the comments, keep em' coming. :) I would like to check out the non-standard colors in a Cayman at a dealer but dealers usually do not stock these in their inventory. I really like the color and texture of the "Castano" leather in my F-150 King Ranch.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have all the stitching in white on my ocean blue interior. I have had it treated with a sealant and hopefully it wont be a problem but if it does get dirty it can be fixed if you are willing to pay. I think it looks great. On a beige interior you may want to look at black in my opinion.

In terms of soiling, the stitching is mainly in places where you wouldnt get general wear and tear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts