Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bungee(elastic) cords that help move the top back into place have both snapped on my 05 Boxster. Is this a diy type of fix or will I have to take it to a dealer. Also, can anyone that has experienced this tell me how much this fix may cost? Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
The bungee(elastic) cords that help move the top back into place have both snapped on my 05 Boxster. Is this a diy type of fix or will I have to take it to a dealer. Also, can anyone that has experienced this tell me how much this fix may cost? Thanks
I haven't heard of this happening before. Was there something that caused them to break? Have you been opening and closing the top while driving? Maybe while the car was not level?

If it were me, I'd first have a dealer look at it.

good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
jason4vu: Did you get an answer to this issue? I think we have the same problem. There is a nylon triangle piece is attached to some elastic that I assume is secured to something else that pulls the top inwards so it fits snugly over the windows. So now part of the top fits over the window instead of under it. I'm wondering it's an easy and inexpensive DIY project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.