Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Base Cayman that is being converted to a spec racer and the time has come to upgrade the brakes. I am wanting to get the GiroDisc 340mm fronts and the 325 rears. After speaking with Craig at the Rennstore, it was determined that I need S calipers on the front to do this. He suggested I ask here and I am glad he did because this is an obvious active Cayman forum!

My question is: Do the S caliper bolt right up or is the other steps to be taken (question mark not working on this keyboard)

I have already done a full stage 4 suspension upgrade and have the wing and splitter. The brake upgrade is much needed at this point.

Any insight is much appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
My understanding from those in the know is that all you need are the bolts and calipers and go. The uprights, or knuckles are the same.

I will have a set of front Girodisks and S calipers available in one week. I am open to offers. I also have a lightly set of used pagid yellows, and street oem pads.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
ECS Tuning has a kit to convert from base to S brakes. You might see if they can down size their kit which includes Porsche rotors.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Abby, tell Vinnie to hurry up with my turbo install! :eek:

And yes, this is the best place for Cayman information on the internet.

I've looked around at all the other Porsche forums, and this place definitely has the most Cayman specific information!

Planet-9 taught me almost everything I know about Caymans!

·
Vendor
2,467 Posts
See AbbyN, told ya these guys are experts! :cheers:

Abby, tell Vinnie to hurry up with my turbo install! :eek:

And yes, this is the best place for Cayman information on the internet.

I've looked around at all the other Porsche forums, and this place definitely has the most Cayman specific information!

Planet-9 taught me almost everything I know about Caymans!

311 Posts
I have a 2007 Base Cayman that is being converted to a spec racer and the time has come to upgrade the brakes. I am wanting to get the GiroDisc 340mm fronts and the 325 rears. After speaking with Craig at the Rennstore, it was determined that I need S calipers on the front to do this. He suggested I ask here and I am glad he did because this is an obvious active Cayman forum!

My question is: Do the S caliper bolt right up or is the other steps to be taken (question mark not working on this keyboard)

I have already done a full stage 4 suspension upgrade and have the wing and splitter. The brake upgrade is much needed at this point.

Any insight is much appreciated!!
Abby,
I have a set of S Calipers that are MINT ( only 8k miles ) on them and believe it or not, they are still red :eek: Ill give you a buzz tonight on our long overdue phone call :banana:

JB

We just installed a set on a local clients car this afternoon. Here is a photo prior to installation
** Note these are slotted and drilled. I'd recommend slotted only for your application.

·
Vendor
2,467 Posts
How did this work out for the OP?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts