Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the coolant level on my 15CS this AM when the engine was cold. The small red pin was at the MIN level. Added a half quart of approved coolant/distiller water 50/50 mix. This brought the level to jus above Min level. I next added a cup more which brought the indicator way above the MAX mark. No coolant showing in the filler spout. Do I some how need to remove some coolant? Ran the car up to temp with no warnings and no overflow, but tank is sealed. Can't check level again until car is cold. Any help would be appreciated.
Tim

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I did the EXACT same thing you did with the exact same results. I ended up carefully removing the insert with the red pin and suctioned out maybe a half cup of coolant. All has been well since. I can't really address the concern about if you are overfilled or not since I did not run mine "overfilled". My warm fuzzy came when I pulled out a little bit of coolant.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Overfill of coolant is no big deal. After the first run the excess goes to the overflow tank and if that is full then it dumps out to the street. It's not bad for the car, a little bad for the environment though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys! I can sleep tonight. So I guess I should just leave every thing alone. I can't be over filled by much. The difference between MIN and MAX can't be more than a cup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts