Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2009 (and 2013) Cayenne (v6 / base). I bought a coolant tester (see attached) but I can't seem to find info on what temp ranges the Cayenne is supposed to be at. I see the info on the gauge but a video on YouTube mentioned reading it in the owners manual, which is packed because I just moved and even the manual online didn't show temp ranges.

If you could help, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
David

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
The range is based on how cold it gets where you are. Is it cold where you are or where you are moving. I live in NY and typically would not check until late October. But if you are at 50/50 mix you should be fine unless you are really north. I personally have not checked my cars in years because 50/50 works for NY temps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The range is based on how cold it gets where you are. Is it cold where you are or where you are moving. I live in NY and typically would not check until late October. But if you are at 50/50 mix you should be fine unless you are really north. I personally have not checked my cars in years because 50/50 works for NY temps.
I am in Atlanta so 90 in summer (?) and 30 in winter (?). Something like that...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The Atl? You're fine, what you need to watch here is battery cell acid levels, they drop precipitously in the metro, top them off with distilled water. You should also expect the battery to die right on the warranty date end or not much later, the heat kills batteries and exposed internal lead plates is 100% no bueno.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Atl? You're fine, what you need to watch here is battery cell acid levels, they drop precipitously in the metro, top them off with distilled water. You should also expect the battery to die right on the warranty date end or not much later, the heat kills batteries and exposed internal lead plates is 100% no bueno.
Never thought of that before... :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts