Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car ('13 BS w 11k miles and one service 6 months ago) asked for some coolant this morning. I don't have the manuals this week as they are at the house so I wanted to know if there was any special kind or instructions.

I've never had to replace coolant before in any of my cars. The car is garages and I don't see any leaks but find it odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
replacing the coolant on your car is not as easy as you think.. i think i will have the blog on how to do it, in a few days... its part of putting in the center radiator.. you gonna have to open the engine cover.. and you also need to pull the cover underneath to get at the hoses and pipes.. and the vaccum system is a must not to have air pockets..

As far as the coolant goes you need the pink porsche ones because other brands supposedly eat the seals in our car..

Lemon

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
My car ('13 BS w 11k miles and one service 6 months ago) asked for some coolant this morning. I don't have the manuals this week as they are at the house so I wanted to know if there was any special kind or instructions.

I've never had to replace coolant before in any of my cars. The car is garages and I don't see any leaks but find it odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are some old threads found via google of "coolant 981 planet-9". Yep such really works.

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-boxster-problems-complaints/88034-coolant.html

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-boxster-problems-complaints/89787-coolant-system-error.html

:cheers:

Reactions: RADONCulous

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Lime Gold you do realize we have a very good search feature on this site right? :)
Yes I do Ken. The problem I have always had is that the P9 process will not "search" a string of terms. Rather each term is treated (searched) separately and such give more many finds - many false leads as to the intent of the string. I hope I am making this clear. So such is why I prefer an outside google.

If I am missing something herein as to a P9 ability to search ONLY a "full string" can you please advise.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Yes I do Ken. The problem I have always had is that the P9 process will not "search" a string of terms. Rather each term is treated (searched) separately and such give more many finds - many false leads as to the intent of the string. I hope I am making this clear. So such is why I prefer an outside google.

If I am missing something herein as to a P9 ability to search ONLY a "full string" can you please advise.

What happens if you put terms in quotes like "brake rotors" and fluid? That should return messages that have term brake rotors and fluid in the message and not simply brake or rotors or fluid which is the default connector when you only list words.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
What happens if you put terms in quotes like "brake rotors" and fluid? That should return messages that have term brake rotors and fluid in the message and not simply brake or rotors or fluid which is the default connector when you only list words.
Thank you. Somehow in my many P9 searches I had totally missed the need/use of quotes to generate the said "string" feature. Apologize for that and I have learned something new today. Now if I can only remember it tomorrow at my age.;)

:thanks: again.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thank you. Somehow in my many P9 searches I had totally missed the need/use of quotes to generate the said "string" feature. Apologize for that and I have learned something new today. Now if I can only remember it tomorrow at my age.;)

:thanks: again.

You aren't the only one who learned something new about P-9 search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts