Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So below is my pride and joy, my 987.1 Boxster S.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

I am 21 and have been lucky enough to own this car since I was 17. I am moving to the city soon and could no longer justify keeping the car. However, after a couple of days of deliberation, I said screw that, I want to hold onto this car for as long as I can, it is too good of an example just to let go.

Modifications-wise, it has the Carnewal GT exhaust, Zunsport full car vent set, clear side indicators, black rings around the front headlights. Next, I want to do the following:

Swap my black alloys with the winter set of tyres over to my summer tyre set, (below shows what they look like), buy a front splitter, replace the rear lights with LED ones, change the S badge red, and potentially smoke the front headlights and windows. The idea is to have a black contrast running alongside of the car to compliment the Slate Grey.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tread

I have a couple of questions regarding deciding which parts to get:
For the front splitter, I am either going to get one from Joe Toth or this one: Cup-Spoilerlippe mit ABE für Porsche 987 Boxster CSL597 , thoughts on which one would be appreciated.

Also, thoughts on smoked vs non-smoked rear lights? I think smoked will suit the black/grey contrast better. These are what I'm looking at: https://www.design911shop.com/LED-U...ear-Porsche-987---987C---981-LOOK/prod130981/ https://www.porschelights.com/test/...ear-tail-lights-with-dynamic-indicators-04-09 , I can only find ebay and Design 911 mainly to have stock of aftermarket LED rear lights, any other sources would be appreciated.

Finally, with turning the S badge red, did people find it easier to buy a red S like: 1Pcs Red Small S Letter Racing Emblem Auto Trunk Lid Sticker Badge For 911 718 | eBay , or to just spray paint or plastidip it?

Any general thoughts would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Atkinse

·
Registered
2011 Porsche Cayman S
206 Posts
Hey guys,

So below is my pride and joy, my 987.1 Boxster S.

View attachment 283101

I am 21 and have been lucky enough to own this car since I was 17. I am moving to the city soon and could no longer justify keeping the car. However, after a couple of days of deliberation, I said screw that, I want to hold onto this car for as long as I can, it is too good of an example just to let go.

Modifications-wise, it has the Carnewal GT exhaust, Zunsport full car vent set, clear side indicators, black rings around the front headlights. Next, I want to do the following:

Swap my black alloys with the winter set of tyres over to my summer tyre set, (below shows what they look like), buy a front splitter, replace the rear lights with LED ones, change the S badge red, and potentially smoke the front headlights and windows. The idea is to have a black contrast running alongside of the car to compliment the Slate Grey.

View attachment 283102

I have a couple of questions regarding deciding which parts to get:
For the front splitter, I am either going to get one from Joe Toth or this one: Cup-Spoilerlippe mit ABE für Porsche 987 Boxster CSL597 , thoughts on which one would be appreciated.

Also, thoughts on smoked vs non-smoked rear lights? I think smoked will suit the black/grey contrast better. These are what I'm looking at: Dedicated to your Porsche needs https://www.porschelights.com/test/...ear-tail-lights-with-dynamic-indicators-04-09 , I can only find ebay and Design 911 mainly to have stock of aftermarket LED rear lights, any other sources would be appreciated.

Finally, with turning the S badge red, did people find it easier to buy a red S like: 1Pcs Red Small S Letter Racing Emblem Auto Trunk Lid Sticker Badge For 911 718 | eBay , or to just spray paint or plastidip it?

Any general thoughts would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Atkinse
Nice car Atkinse. I have a Joe Toth 3 piece splitter on the front and his diffuser on the real. They are high quality pieces and fit great. I would recommend the 3 piece front splitter because if you damage it you can just replace the part you need. Have fun with your mods.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice car Atkinse. I have a Joe Toth 3 piece splitter on the front and his diffuser on the real. They are high quality pieces and fit great. I would recommend the 3 piece front splitter because if you damage it you can just replace the part you need. Have fun with your mods.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Chris, what tint is on your headlights? Looks great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts