Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a quote to powdercoat 4 stock 18" wheels gloss black(entire wheel). The price includes removing and dismounting all tires & sensors, powdercoat, mount, balance, and reinstall. Center caps not included; I would have to obtain some black ones. $853.00

I thought this was a bit high. Has anybody paid a similar price or a better deal? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just received a quote to powdercoat 4 stock 18" wheels gloss black(entire wheel). The price includes removing and dismounting all tires & sensors, powdercoat, mount, balance, and reinstall. Center caps not included; I would have to obtain some black ones. $853.00

I thought this was a bit high. Has anybody paid a similar price or a better deal? Thanks.
Paid 450.00 to have 4* 928S4 wheels (16") unmounted, sand blasted, cleaned Power Coated in gun metal "Black Chrome", and remounted and balanced. This was about 3 years ago........ That price is really high.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
I was quoted $110 per wheel a few months ago. Mounting and balancing would add another $150 - $200.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had my dealer handle my 19" Carrera S rims. They have a shop they send all their cars to for powdercoating. I got mine done in black with a red stripe and the also the caps and they were $800.00. The added bonus being the dealer warrantied the work by the shop as long as I keep my car. I plan on keeping the car a LONG time so if I have an issue, I just bring it up to the dealer and they handle it with their partner.

I dont think your estimate is crazy money, but a little on the high side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts