Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Long time lurker, first time poster. Im finally get close to being in position to either buy or lease a Cayman S. My question is, I found a 2014 CPO car in CA (Im in WA) with 10k miles on it but it has been in service since 3/13, so for 2 full years. Theres 4 years of warranty left because of the CPO, but would this car be still considered one year old or 2 as far as depreciation and a possible lease is concerned? And how do they determine resididual value for the lease of a used/cpo car? If I do a 3 year lease would it still be 58% of "asking" price like a new one would be 58% of the MSRP? Anyone who could shed some light on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
538 Posts
IMHO "advice only" Intrest rates are low and you will probaly be better off buying a used car vs leasing. Check out and investigate some of the lease swapping sites to see what they offer. You could find quite a deal from someone who is ready to bail! Lease swaps have become popular on high end cars as people either can't afford it anymore or they want something new now so it's a good option. Porsche Finncial is one of the lease companies that allows this kind of transaction. Do your homework 1st and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts