Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes..I know this is not a traffic web site and I may get slammed for this post. However, I trust you folks know your state during rush hour.

Question....
How severe is traffic to get to 4 Commerce Dr in Cranford, NJ for a 6:30p meeting traveling from eastern CT. If I leave ~ 2 pm from eastern CT (~170 miles) on Tuesday (4/20) will I make it through northern NJ in time for a 6:30p appointment? I think I will cross the GW ~4-5p. Is this trip possible for an impatient person like myself. Do I have to leave at noon from eastern CT to make this 160 mile trip?

Google map say I should travel down merritt to hutchinson river to cross county to I87 to cross bronx to 280!!. I now have a navigation system for my DD but the highway changes seem frightening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. No need to post reply after noon on 4/20. Please eliminate my post after noon to save space on the server.

Thanks in advance.

BTW...See you on Saturday at LRP. My event changed to Friday so I can make LRP.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If it were me, I would take the Tappan Zee, stay on the NY Thruway till you get to the Garden State Pkwy. Take the Garden State to exit 137, which is Rt. 28 (North Ave.). Make a right on to Rt. 28 and it will take you to Cranford.

This route is a bit longer, but you will avoid a ton of traffic this way. You still may hit some traffic, but it won't be as bad.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gentlemen. Your experience/recommendation is exactly what I was looking for.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.