Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 1985 at the age of 13, an older student in my school his father bought him a 911 Carrera. That was the 1st time I ever see a Porsche close. It had a dark blue exterior with white leather interior. I don’t know if it was a turbo or not... All I know was that I saw beauty, power and status on wheels. And now every time I watch the kid in the 911 Porsche commercial, I see myself back in time.

In the year 2002 when I was living in Jordan, I got a very good deal on a CPO Boxster from the local dealer in Amman but neither my financial situation nor my wife (currently ex-wife) gave me a green light. A year later I settled with another childhood dream; a 730i BMW. I remember saying to myself then, he who never drove the 7th series never drove a car!

In the year 2008, my younger brother in Texas bought a Speed Yellow GT2 on his 34th birthday. I was very happy for him, and I felt my dream of owning a Porsche got fulfilled by him owning one.

Earlier this year, not in my wildest dreams I could imagine myself buying a Porsche in 2009. But one thing led to another and certain circumstances came along that got me to dare and pursue my dream. At first I went after a Boxster, then raised the bar higher for a 911 but fell in love with the Cayman. And just before my 37th birthday (April 13th... yes an Aries) I bought my 2006 CS as a birthday gift for myself through ebay.

At that time I never drove a Porsche and never saw a Cayman face-to-face as here in Saudi Arabia the dealer has mainly 911 and Cayenne. I didn’t know if the CS would be comfortable, if I would fit (since I am 186 cm tall) and if I will be satisfied with its performance. I kept reading about its miraculous grip on the road and the roaring engine behind the driver’s back... the anticipation was killing me. I was so excited about buying a Porsche that I had my FaceBook profile full of info, video clips and pictures about Porsche in general and the Cayman in specific that got my brother to call me from the USA to tell me: “Hassaan, I am happy for you but you have to understand that it’s just a car.”

Between shipping, clearance and registration it took my CS two months to be within reach but I added another week at the local dealer in Jeddah to install the iPod interface. It was 1:45 p.m. On June 2nd, 2009 when I first sat in the saddle of my beast at Jeddah’s Porsche dealer. My first gear shift was a reverse to get my gator out of their service center. A traffic signal came shortly after I pulled away, in few minutes I was driving on the ring road then off to the main highway leaving the city behind towards the remote town; i.e. Hail, 800 km away. I remember myself thanking God all the way as I admire the roar, feeling, ride, comfort, performance, grip, speed, stability... etc. As my current avatar shows, I did 276 km/hr that day on the way yelling loud “Just another car my a$$... it’s a monster!”

It’s been more than five weeks now and every time I drive her (I call her my mistress) I feel the same excitement; as Madonna sings: “Like a virgin touched for the first time”. I look for excuses to drive her, and as if we’re on a date I always take the longest road home! As our relationship developed over the days I found out she can be wild, yet obedient! She can roar like a monster, yet she remains tamed! She gets so much attention... she’s a flirt, yet she’s faithful... she’s mine!

I thank God every time I see her, every time I sit on her lap, every time she hugs my shoulders to her back and every time we drive hand-in-hand.

Every time I unleash her I yell: "You're naughty... you're bad". And every time she roars... Ahhhh I reach my climax!

Five weeks and she still takes my breath away..!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks for sharing Hassaan and giving us a glimpse of your life. That's a neat story. Even though our surroundings and culture may be different, it is really nice that we can be in the same club and learn from each other.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...You're saying you like it???
No... I love her! She is the only woman in my life... and will remain so until I trade her in with another Porsche in the future ;)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Glad you like your mistress alot bro!

Your stories always make me anticipate my gator even more and more.

Btw, is the Cay drivable around Hail? I thought roads are bad and weather is ****!

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok let me put it this way => a Toyota Hilux deserves better than Hail :D

Sadly, its a town that has been ignored for decades and just recently they started taking care of it... that's why I was brought here :(

The roads within the city are horrible but the highways & ring road are fine... luckily our office and my house are at the city borders. Qassim (a major city down south) is 250 km away... and believe it or not, I reached there last week in less than an hour (give or take few minutes for the eyes of my Greek friend acg ;) )

The weather is the only good thing about this town, while you are being fried in Bahrain the temperatures here are between 26 to 36 these days... and no humidity!

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
I see you've been posting a lot since you joined even before getting your mistress....your story shows the excitement this car can produce....great read...now stop writing for awhile and enjoy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OK, I am there too man; I just love this car and I can't see myself giving it away. Congrats on buying on of the best cars around regardless of price. Just a question though: to cover a 250 km distance in less than an hour (even if this means 59 minutes) you have to be carrying a 250 km / h AVERAGE speed - highly unlikely imho, even if there are no traffic lights, no traffic, no bends and you have perfect visibility and weather. I mean, I am the one who says "drive it like you stole it", but I can't see how you could have pulled that off.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just a question though: to cover a 250 km distance in less than an hour (even if this means 59 minutes) you have to be carrying a 250 km / h AVERAGE speed - highly unlikely imho, even if there are no traffic lights, no traffic, no bends and you have perfect visibility and weather. I mean, I am the one who says "drive it like you stole it", but I can't see how you could have pulled that off.
1. Qassim (Braidah and Inizah) is a major city in Saudi Arabia where the rich and religious come from. They have their city connected to all other major cities in the kingdom (Hail, Riyadh, Madinah, Jeddah and currently Makkah's highway is under construction) through the best highways... not much of traffic but super engineered alike runways.
2. In Saudi Arabia there are no traffic signals on highways.
3. In Saudi Arabia there are no toll highways.
4. Within the capital city of Riyadh the speed limit on King Fahad Road, Khurais Road and the ring road is 120 km/hr. (just to demonstrate how good the road network is here).
5. Highway networks could be one of the best things in Saudi Arabia.
6. If my run was not 100% accurate... let me at least enjoy my 15 minutes of fame :cheers:
7. I just modified the post for your eyes only!

PS I may not be a real fan of Saudi Arabia; I am an expat who's been working here for the past 6 yrs and I owe much to this unique country and its simple people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts