Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I did it. I turned 40 and the next day I bought a 2007 Cayman in guard red! This was two weeks ago. The crazy thing is the reaction to the car in Washington(near Olympia). Being from California originally, a Porsche never "turned my head" Only a Ferrari or Lambo. But since I have been driving this car up here, weird things are happening. Numerous people stop and take pictures, people honk and wave on the freeway, and many have yelled out"nice car!" Don't get me wrong, the attention is great. But I only paid 34k for it and people think its way the hell more. Anyone else get this? Oh yea, I have never, EVER EVER, had SO MANY gold digging blondes checking me out and smiling!:banana:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
They think it costs more because it does. No one outside of a Cayman fan will ever notice the differences between an '06 and a '10 so they don't know you bought it used for $34,000 vs. new for $70,000+. Everyone around here thinks I am rich because I can afford a Porsche. They don't know that I got it for about 1/2 price because I bought it used.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They think it costs more because it does. No one outside of a Cayman fan will ever notice the differences between an '06 and a '10 so they don't know you bought it used for $34,000 vs. new for $70,000+. Everyone around here thinks I am rich because I can afford a Porsche. They don't know that I got it for about 1/2 price because I bought it used.
same. hey, 40% off w/ CPO? sure!! :)

i bought mine when i turned 30... not sure what i'll do when i turn four-oh. :eek:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
same. hey, 40% off w/ CPO? sure!! :)

i bought mine when i turned 30... not sure what i'll do when i turn four-oh. :eek:
Add the turbo kit?:banana:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I am moving to Olympia! ;-)

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 987 is fairly rare in many places, and it is so very beautiful with its perfectly balanced feline grace that it is a pleasing joy for the eyes to behold. It also lacks the testosterone induced sharp edged - LOOK AT ME!, design that is found in a lot of far more expensive cars; a look that actually turns a lot of people off.

It's no wonder people look and smile.

I should also add that under the smooth and rounded female lines is the heart of a mother cougar who will rip your heart out with her sharp teeth and powerful claws if the need arises. And the fun part is, is that there are so many cool mod's you can do to sharpen those teeth and claws. The best of both worlds...IMO.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
The 987 is fairly rare in many places, and it is so very beautiful with its perfectly balanced feline grace that it is a pleasing joy for the eyes to behold. It also lacks the testosterone induced sharp edged - LOOK AT ME!, design that is found in a lot of far more expensive cars; a look that actually turns a lot of people off.

It's no wonder people look and smile.

I should also add that under the smooth and rounded female lines is the heart of a mother cougar who will rip your heart out with her sharp teeth and powerful claws if the need arises. And the fun part is, is that there are so many cool mod's you can do to sharpen those teeth and claws. The best of both worlds...IMO.
i didnt get those options

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Guardsman Red Rules! It's a real head turner and attention getter.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/44056-cayman-s-wow-factor-post448148.html#post448148

Have a look at this. Subject flogged to death and there's probably many more like this if you care to search. BTW, as long as you really like the car , that's all that really matters.;)
Yes, one of those topics that comes up frequently . . . another older thread: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/15076-nice-car.html

Get used to the attention; both the good, and the kind you attract from the guys who wear a badge at work. :(

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
The locals must be used to my last Cayman and the new one looks almost the same so I dont get much of a reaction anymore...
Until I fitted the Capristo and drive around in Open mode all the time!!!! :eek::eek: :hilarious:

·
Registered
502 Posts
OK, I did it. I turned 40 and the next day I bought a 2007 Cayman in guard red! This was two weeks ago. The crazy thing is the reaction to the car in Washington(near Olympia). Being from California originally, a Porsche never "turned my head" Only a Ferrari or Lambo. But since I have been driving this car up here, weird things are happening. Numerous people stop and take pictures, people honk and wave on the freeway, and many have yelled out"nice car!" Don't get me wrong, the attention is great. But I only paid 34k for it and people think its way the hell more. Anyone else get this? Oh yea, I have never, EVER EVER, had SO MANY gold digging blondes checking me out and smiling!:banana:

Only spent...just wait until it is time for an oil change (assuming you don't DIY) and time for tire replacement. "You want how much for tires that only lasted x miles!!!". Insurance is good on these cars but repairs/upgrades/parts can be pretty steep compared to more mainstream cars.

I once had a Jag and spent more in repairs/upkeep in a couple years than I paid for the car...and it was a pretty reliable car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the CPO and $250 every 10K ain't all that bad considering they will lube everything and know what they are looking at when I go to the dealer. I checked tire prices prior to buying, not much different than the C5 corvette run flats I had to buy.

Cops? Oh yeah....Got tailed by TWO on the way to work the other day, a stater and a sheriff between Olympia and Tacoma. Cruise is always set at 65 so I could care less. My days of being 25 and driving my mustang 5.0 at 120 are over! Plus I don't drink anymore, so no worries about DUI.

Where did you see me in Tacoma? Are you the guy who bought the black Cayman S the same day I was at Larson? If so, you are pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.