Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Thanks. I'm new, hadn't seen it. Was wondering what the total extent of the damage was. Pretty neat that the car took the impact, the second impact down onto the ground, and was still controllable.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Thanks. I'm new, hadn't seen it. Was wondering what the total extent of the damage was. Pretty neat that the car took the impact, the second impact down onto the ground, and was still controllable.
There are more pictures in another topic thread linked above if you want damage details.

Sent from my Galaxy Prime Windows Mobile 8.5 Phone via TapaTalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, but at least you were not injured. Cars can be repaired but sometimes an impact like this can have catastrophic and life-long consequences for the people involved. I do a lot of long distance driving to remote wellsites and am always cogniscent of the dangers posed by wildlife, particularly at dawn and dusk when they are on the move. Moose are the worst in this regard, not only because of their size, but being such a dark shade of brown, very little light is reflected back until it is too late.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Coming up on the 7 year anniversary of the Elk incident, thought I'd resurface this and share for those who are new and missed this the first time around...
I JUST realized it was from 2007. I was actually trying to formulate my condolences. How was it I read it yesterday, like it happened this weekend.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I remember your accident. You were driving too fast for the existing conditions, rubber-necking and then didn’t have the reflexes to avoid road kill...and soon after you became a PCA driving instructor.:hilarious:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I remember your accident. You were driving too fast for the existing conditions, rubber-necking and then didn’t have the reflexes to avoid road kill...and soon after you became a PCA driving instructor.:hilarious:
It's not an easy test to pass, or group to be accepted by. Sacrifices have to be made - that poor Elk gave his all for K-Man's advancement & acceptance. So did the poor car. :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What a story! I would never drive through Colorado in the Winter. I purchased my 911 in Oct from San Diego and thought about driving it back, without warning, a Blizzard came through, I'm glad I made my mind in the last minute to shipped it here. Imagined my 911 which is 3.5" inches from the ground on summer performance tires in a blizzard.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts