Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crutchfield is having a closeout sale on the Stealthmod for the 987 Porsche Cayman. This for the base (non bose) audio system in the vehicle. The Bose audio complete Stealth Mod is sold out. If you need it for the bose sysyem you need to purchase the CL-SSI CleanSweep separately. This is a new item not used. They are selling it for $999.00 original price was 1,999.00. The amp alone sell for $1,000.00 so you are getting the mounting enclosure, 2 coaxial speakers and hardware for free. This will also fit the 981 Cayman with modifications. I have documented that the mounting enclosure fits in the frunk of the 981 Cayman. For the 981 you would need to bend the lower brackets on the enclosure to accommodate the step in the floor at the rear of the frunk floor and the make holes in the frunk liner for bolts to hold the mounting enclosure in place. Bolts could just sit in the liner or be glued to the back of the liner or glued to the metal wall and floor of the frunk. And no I don't work for Crutchfield or have any affiliation. Just trying to give a heads up to fellow Cayman owners.
JL Audio StealthModâ„¢ Audio Upgrade Speaker/amplifier package designed for 2006-12 Porsche Cayman (987) with the base audio system at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow perfect find thanks!!!
Just ordered to replace my MOST/Bose amp...
Kept having to reset the MOST fiber module (no audio)
$500 Install @ audio dealer though...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
BTW, semi-OT, I was a bit surprised -- I don't have a Cayman but I did hit Crutchfield's site (used to be a regular customer years ago), did a lookup on the 2015 Boxster -- they have NOTHING for it. Just thinking that someday I might want to upgrade the speakers. Well, maybe after the car has been out longer, something will be offered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts