Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with a dear friend and got to know his other friend who owned a Chevrolet Lumina SS with LS1 engine with full bolt ons (headers, exhaust, xpipe, ecu upgrade, filter, pullies)

We had 3 runs, 2 from roll 40km/h and 1 from 0 and CS PDK was always infront by a very good distance

I leave you with 1 video from roll 40km/h :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBXTeOT-Vg&feature=player_embedded

PS: the Lumina is known as Holden in Australia... it comes with a V8 LS1 found in the Camaro and Corvette C5.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
didnt you just run a camero with the exact same mods

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
As a quick note, this site and its administration do not condone street racing. That being said, we also try to allow people to express themselves on this site and we are in no position to tell anyone how to or not to drive on the street. I just wanted to point out that our official policy is that all drivers need to obey all laws in their jurisdiction when driving.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Shouldn't you change that post to a 4 point font size? :p

As a quick note, this site and its administration do not condone street racing. That being said, we also try to allow people to express themselves on this site and we are in no position to tell anyone how to or not to drive on the street. I just wanted to point out that our official policy is that all drivers need to obey all laws in their jurisdiction when driving.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
PS: the Lumina is known as Holden in Australia... it comes with a V8 LS1 found in the Camaro and Corvette C5.
I'm always walking those V8 Holdens. I know many Holden fans have converted to the Ford XR6 turbo, now they will give the CS a run for its money. ;)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Street racing is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
We've had a horrendous Christmas death toll on our roads this season (48), not one has been attributed to speeding, I agree street racing is dangerous, it would seem keeping to the speed limit in general traffic conditions is becoming more dangerous & lethal...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My personal observation is simply that people are more aggressive and less considerate in all situations including driving. Racing is a great sport but should be enjoyed at the track.:cheers:

Happy New Year!!!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
We've had a horrendous Christmas death toll on our roads this season (48), not one has been attributed to speeding, I agree street racing is dangerous, it would seem keeping to the speed limit in general traffic conditions is becoming more dangerous & lethal...
Well, then cars must work differently Down Under because EVERY SINGLE
traffic death here in the US is because of speeding.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K-MAN-S, i'm sorry boss for inconvenience I have caused, I was just trying to share my run with other cars. I apologize for that matter.

and, for the rest... thank you for stating that you would visit me if I get thrown in jail.

and by the way, i'm a very careful driver, when we "test" our cars we always wear seatbelts, check our tyres, and always and I mean always run in empty/deserted areas.

Cheers and happy new year.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Unfortunately many of the casualties were caused by head-on collisions :(

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Yuck. Those are ugly. I remember my dad telling me (dads still taught kids
how to drive when I learned) never ever ever, if you're put in the position,
take a head-on. Do whatever you have to do to avoid it. He also taught
me to not turn wheels left when stopping to turn left in case you're rear
ended - if the front tires are straight probably your car will go straight and
you'll avoid being pushed into a head-on. I wonder if they teach things
like that in drivers ed. Smart guy, my dad.

On the "attribution" thing, what I was driving at in an obtuse sort of way is
the insistence of the "authorities" to blame speeding for every problem on
the roads, and therefore the dogged determination to write tickets for
speeding. Oh how I just once want to say to the ossifer.... "Dude, this
car will do a real honest to goodness 175 MPH. So the fact I was going
75 means I should get a freakin medal, not a ticket." I drove in Germany
about 1000 km over the course of a couple weeks during the summer of
2007. Had a great time in Germany, the place is absolutely fantastic and
the people were really good to me. I had a heck of a time driving in Dallas
when I returned. People here just suck at driving. And the roads are pants
too compared.

BTW, on Halloween eve I was pulled over doing 72 in a 65 zone. No lie.
Just got a warning though. Really I think the guy wanted to see if I had
been drinking, but it was too early for that - maybe 7 PM.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Out of curiosity.... why all the head-ons on Oz? Undivided highways where
people are either falling asleep - or passing and not having enough room to
complete the pass?

·
Registered
417 Posts
IMHO, by advertising such activities, the website is "endorcing" such thing, at least to a degree. This is my humble opinion. While the website adminstrators are in no position to tell people how to drive, they are in position to ban certain posting. Just an opinion.
:thanks:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts