Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

CS PDK vs Lumina SS LS1 BOLT ONs

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  wayne 
#1 ·
Met up with a dear friend and got to know his other friend who owned a Chevrolet Lumina SS with LS1 engine with full bolt ons (headers, exhaust, xpipe, ecu upgrade, filter, pullies)

We had 3 runs, 2 from roll 40km/h and 1 from 0 and CS PDK was always infront by a very good distance

I leave you with 1 video from roll 40km/h :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBXTeOT-Vg&feature=player_embedded

PS: the Lumina is known as Holden in Australia... it comes with a V8 LS1 found in the Camaro and Corvette C5.

#7 ·
As a quick note, this site and its administration do not condone street racing. That being said, we also try to allow people to express themselves on this site and we are in no position to tell anyone how to or not to drive on the street. I just wanted to point out that our official policy is that all drivers need to obey all laws in their jurisdiction when driving.

#11 ·
We've had a horrendous Christmas death toll on our roads this season (48), not one has been attributed to speeding, I agree street racing is dangerous, it would seem keeping to the speed limit in general traffic conditions is becoming more dangerous & lethal...

#15 ·
K-MAN-S, i'm sorry boss for inconvenience I have caused, I was just trying to share my run with other cars. I apologize for that matter.

and, for the rest... thank you for stating that you would visit me if I get thrown in jail.

and by the way, i'm a very careful driver, when we "test" our cars we always wear seatbelts, check our tyres, and always and I mean always run in empty/deserted areas.

Cheers and happy new year.

#18 ·
Yuck. Those are ugly. I remember my dad telling me (dads still taught kids
how to drive when I learned) never ever ever, if you're put in the position,
take a head-on. Do whatever you have to do to avoid it. He also taught
me to not turn wheels left when stopping to turn left in case you're rear
ended - if the front tires are straight probably your car will go straight and
you'll avoid being pushed into a head-on. I wonder if they teach things
like that in drivers ed. Smart guy, my dad.

On the "attribution" thing, what I was driving at in an obtuse sort of way is
the insistence of the "authorities" to blame speeding for every problem on
the roads, and therefore the dogged determination to write tickets for
speeding. Oh how I just once want to say to the ossifer.... "Dude, this
car will do a real honest to goodness 175 MPH. So the fact I was going
75 means I should get a freakin medal, not a ticket." I drove in Germany
about 1000 km over the course of a couple weeks during the summer of
2007. Had a great time in Germany, the place is absolutely fantastic and
the people were really good to me. I had a heck of a time driving in Dallas
when I returned. People here just suck at driving. And the roads are pants
too compared.

BTW, on Halloween eve I was pulled over doing 72 in a 65 zone. No lie.
Just got a warning though. Really I think the guy wanted to see if I had
been drinking, but it was too early for that - maybe 7 PM.

#23 ·
Very interesting. Ideally speaking I tend to agree with you. I only have one question: Why do people -in general- post such activities? Will such activities be as common if not for some publicity to start with? And as far as I know, people can not post what they want....
:thanks:

#29 ·
In this country, people CAN post whatever they want- and I think you meant to say 'whatever'.

***I just wish that was true. You can post whatever you want, or can you really post whatever you want. In reality the answer is NO.

Who are you? I see you're in Abu Dabi, and apparently don't condone DrKareem's behavior. But I see no evidence that you have any connection with a Porsche.

*** Who am I. what am I. what does my connection with any car maker have to do with it. BTW, the issue has nothing to do what car U/I drive, my/your location, or with my good friend Dr.Kareem.

Dr Kareem's behavior does NOT in any way change how I drive on the roads- no matter how much he 'advertises it'. I make my own decisions. That's how we do it here, and we're ALLOWED TO.

*** With all due respect I have to disagree with you on this one; "allowed" implies no rules and no regulations, no tickets or citation, and no jail terms etc. ;)

I, personally, like to see his exploits on the road, in the middle of apparently barren roads.

But I'm starting to wonder about you; proposing bans on postings.

*** Why wonder about the others when we -as individuals-have our own issues to deal with:)

And your cute little canned signed 'thank you' icon does nothing for me.

***:thanks: for your feedback.

#26 ·
I think i'm old enough and mature enough to make my own decisions. I certinely will not stop doing what I do just because the forum tells me not to.

I take all the extra measures of safety (seatbelts, checking tyres, abandoned streets/empty streets) and these cars were meant to be driven fast.

Or I could be the highway jerk who drives 200km++ and swerving in between cars.

You choose...

and for that, this is my last post about racing or car's performances. I see it is a very sensitive topic here.

Forgive me for any inconvenience.

#30 ·
I see things are getting a bit heated in here! :crazy:

Keep the discussion within the rules so please no personal attacks against other members. Agree to disagree.

Thank you. |and no I won't use the animated icon!|

#32 ·
This for the adminstrators of the site: Can you point out any personal attack, wars, etc. in my posting. I was merely replying to some concerns raised by another member. As far as I am concerned, this is my last posting on this topic regardless.

#33 ·
Hi wanderer65,

My post was a general warning to everyone and not directed at any of your posts. Unfortunately I've spent enough time on forums to get a bad feeling that we were on the precipice here so I just asked everyone to step back and take a breath.

It's almost the New Year, we should be relaxing and enjoying ourselves! :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.