Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hemming and hawing about getting a Cup Car or building a Cayman track car...finally decided to try the mid engine thing for a llittle while. Pulled the trigger and will be building one for this upcoming season...since there was so much West Coast activity, i thought I would get the momentum going on the East Coast :) What CSR number am I???

Here is the donor car '06 CS with 13k miles - passed the PPI with flying colors...once all the paperwork is done, we'll start stripping it for the cage install. Feel somewhat bad to do that to a perfectly good car but since I just got it and haven't driven it on the street, I am not so attached to it yet to feel REALLY bad gutting it!

Stay tuned...

·
PCA / POC Member #125
504 Posts
Was hemming and hawing about getting a Cup Car or building a Cayman track car...finally decided to try the mid engine thing for a llittle while. Pulled the trigger and will be building one for this upcoming season...since there was so much West Coast activity, i thought I would get the momentum going on the East Coast :) What CSR number am I???

Here is the donor car '06 CS with 13k miles - passed the PPI with flying colors...once all the paperwork is done, we'll start stripping it for the cage install. Feel somewhat bad to do that to a perfectly good car but since I just got it and haven't driven it on the street, I am not so attached to it yet to feel REALLY bad gutting it!

Stay tuned...
Welcome #4 :cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...here are the major build sheet components:

Cage
Kirkey seats
JRZ C/O
Sways
GT3 LCA
Adj Toe links
PSM yaw switch
Cup Brake ducts
SRF
Pagid Blacks
X-51 sump/baffle
Motorsports VOS
Accusump
Guard LSD
P/S cooler
Tranny cooler
Underdrive pulley
Wevo SS tranny/motor mounts
Ignition Cutoff
Window Net

Havent decided on the wheels yet
Splitter and Wing later

Any thoughts and advice welcome!

TIA,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, will be running your jrz and sway bar set up. Spoke with Tom and my shop knows Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funkyjunk (and others)...see classifieds for the interior OEM parts for sale.

I stoppped by the shop today and it has basically been stripped, getting a few more things done before the cage install. Tons of interior parts ripped out in case anyone is interested vs. going to a dismantling shop!

I'll post some pics when I get them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PM returned, delman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup, thanks to you, Kyle!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check out classified section...I updated all the remaining stuff that I am parting out/selling

Thanks!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Haven't seen any updates in a while. I'm anxious to see how the gold wheels & graphics come together! :picsplz:

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
What you are doing is so me!
I've spent the money on my car equal to what it would cost to do a balls out race car like you are starting to do but I have a half way compromise. I'm totally envious :cheers: of you but wish you great success and happiness.
Now where's the dam pics :picsplz: ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sit tight for a little longer guys...Am doing the finishing touches over the next week or 2 and then shaking it down at LRP on the 8th with Hudson Champlain. Got a bunch of unorganized pix of the build and still waiting for the cage fabricator ones. The gold wheels are on order but have not received them yet...hopefully those will come in the next couple weeks as well. Once I get my act together, I will start uploading and doing a bunch of posts to walk thru the build.

Thanks for the interest! I can't wait to get this thing on the track... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts