Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know, I sold my Cayman Spec Racer (for a few good reasons) and was looking for my new car. This time I'm going to drive in Cayman Spec Challenge (CSX). This is the street-legal, drive to the track, keep the interior to keep the wife happy on dates nights, kinda class.

After muling over everything from GT3s ($$) to C2Ss to air-cooled 3.2's... when I added up the numbers, I was getting too good a deal on this car. If it had sold to someone else, who knows what I may have ended up with... but here it is. I LOVE the Slate Grey exterior with the Terracotta interior. It is in absolutely pristine condition and I have to give it up to Chaseman for selling me his bitchin' car.

This car already has the following work done:

Suspension/Wheels
- Bilstein PSS9s
- GT3 Lower Control Arms
- Tarett/GT3 Front swaybar
- Tarett Rear swaybars
- Tarett Front and Rear droplinks
- Tarett Rear Toe Control-Arm w/bumpsteer + locking plate
- Tarett Monoballs/Thrust-Arm Bushings
- Tarret Front Camber Plates
- Pagid Yellows
- GT3 Brake Ducts
- Forgeline VF-1 wheels
- Nitto NT-01 - 245/275

Engine/Drivetrain
- BBI Underdrive Pulley
- AWE Tuning Exhaust
- GIAC Tuned
- Quaife TBD
- Mantis Sump Extension v2
- 996 Air Oil Separator

Safety
- Recaro Pole Positions
- BBI Rollbar
- Schroth 5-pt Harnesses

Standard Features
- Full Terracotta Leather interior (worth 3 points on date-night)
- Navigation
- Sport Chrono (GIAC Tuning has two-modes that can be changed with the Sport button)

Things to do
- 3rd Radiator
- Power Steering Cooler

I can't wait to be back out on the track!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you removing the IPD plenum because of some CSX rule?

Nice dual duty car!
Yes, the Plenum's aren't legal in CSX and in the PCA GGR region they're docked points that I'd rather use elsewhere.

TRJ - unsure about the PSS9's as I haven't hit the track with them yet. First impression is that I may miss the double adjustables, but once I tinker around with them and get some track days, I'll be in a better position to comment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice to see you stayed in the family! Good luck with the new CS...looks great and has alot of the "necessary" mods...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, I can't wait. Just waiting for the wedding and then it's full-steam ahead for prepping this car. Karting in the meantime so I don't fall too far behind you guys.

Side Skirts and Plenum will be on sale soon! What up Rules Committee!
Excellent! You aren't behind my friend, you'll be out with us in the fall and be right there with us. I wonder when Duane will officially put the "niraj" adendum into the rules. :hilarious:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sick setup, nice to find a car already "done"

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Whoa what a beaut!

Careful you don't mess it up round that track!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Quick Update - car's getting ready for 2012 as we speak.

Newly designed Mantis Sump from Mantis Sport.
Picked up a 996 Cup AOS.
Pagid Yellows.
GT3 Brake Ducts.
Forgestar F14 in 18x9/10.
Nitto NT-01s on the way.

Got rid of the GT3 Seats and have Recaro Pole Positions and Schroth Harnesses on the way.

Basic are done. Finally. FINALLY!

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
You are doing all that with the factory spoiler? CSX rules require stock spoiler versus factory CR spoiler?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts