Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people have chatted about this forever for almost every German vehicle. Some say just drive but I'm looking for practical not track solutions.

Has anybody used the Ultimate CupHolder for various bottles and coffee containers? Spillproof with normal speed driving and turning? Problems?
Installation - Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder!

The other idea I have is the following:
1. Buy Fischer Cupholder with AMPS mount
Fischer C-Box Cup Holder $17.99 - Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder!
2. Buy Clip Top and Base
http://www.modifry.com/image/cache/data/prod/misc/bkt_parts-600x600.jpg
3. Attach Clip Base to a flat 3 x 2 inch metal plate with screws or super glue
4. Use a 3M Command Strip to attach plate to the plastic portion below shifter and in front of passenger seat.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/161822194627-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

What are some clever solutions out there besides staying pulling over to drink or staying dehydrated on long drives?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I daily drive my Cayman, and frequently on long trips. I also frequently pick up fast food to take home. So cup holders are extremely useful to me. I have the Ultimate Cupholders on either side and they work great for most things. They aren't perfect, but they are good enough. I use both the factory cup holders and the Ultimate Cup Holders about equally depending on what type of drink I'm carrying. I looked at some other options, and these seem to be the best choice.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Ultimate Cup Holder for a couple of years now. No Spills to date and still looks like brand new. Tucked in under the passenger side tunnel in front of seat. No passenger ever hit or commented in the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.