Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pics of my new interior that I designed with some light yellow accent on the headliner, center console and glove box.. etc
I first started by removing every single piece of plastic trim. I then cleaned all the rubberized paint off the trim.
After several changes on my design, I came up with the idea of an off center yellow line to go with the black alcantara material.
I then dropped off the pieces at my upholstery shop and the sliver trim at the wrap place, and had them all wrapped with silver brushed metal, I was surprised that color came out like the 981 silver interior but a little nicer because of the brushed metal.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure why the website is rotating the first 2 pictures ! .. sorry about that, I tried to see if I can fix that, but to no avail.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Looks nice! post pics when it is installed. Did you use the name brand Alcantara product or a similar ultra suede product? When is it going to be installed? How much $ did all of that work set you back if you do not mind me asking?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not the brand name Alcantara, I ordered the material from the catalog at the upholstery shop, but I forgot what brand of suede it was.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Please post photos of the completed job --which looks to be quite extensive !!

I also like the "dark" wheels, nice contrast with the Racing Yellow car color -- the "fun" color.

D

·
Registered
664 Posts
I really like the silver trim. I'm not a suede guy but I'm sure you will love it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything is better that the stupid peeling rubberized paint Porsche used on the trim !
Leather would have been a way more expensive option ! I might as well get a 981. But a GT3 is what I'm shooting for.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Impressive project. I like it. How did you remove the rubber paint? That has always been a pain when I have tried it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think there is just enough yellow to make a statement.
In regard to removing the rubberized paint, I just covered them with brake fluid then let them soak for a little bit after which it was very easy to scrub the paint off.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think there is just enough yellow to make a statement.
In regard to removing the rubberized paint, I just covered them with brake fluid then let them soak for a little bit after which it was very easy to scrub the paint off.
Thanks Ill file that one away.

Please post pics when you get the stuff installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts