Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom Subwoofer/Amp for 2007 Cayman

I'm selling a lightly-used custom subwoofer setup for a 2007 Cayman.

The enclosure was built to fit snugly behind the drivers side rear wheel well, after the plastic cover over the tail light assembly is removed. It requires no drilling, screws or permanent vehicle modification of any kind, and it takes up very little usable trunk space. It was custom-formed with blown fiberglass by CarToys and cost $650, before adding the subwoofer and amp.

The enclosure is loaded with an 8" JL Audio 8W3v3 subwoofer and includes a speaker grill. The subwoofer sells for $200 new.

Also included is a 500-watt JL Audio JX500/1D subwoofer amplifier with a custom cover for placement behind the passenger-side rear wheel well. The amplifier sells for $250 new.

The setup sounded outstanding when used with the factory Concert Sound (not Bose) component speakers in my Cayman. It handled all types of music equally well, from bass-heavy EDM and hip-hop to punchy classic rock. And as you can see in the photos, it blended very well with the interior of the vehicle without taking up much cargo space in the rear hatch.

All told, I spent about $1300 having it built less than a year ago, and it was very lightly used since then. I recently traded in my Cayman and the setup won't fit in my new vehicle, which is why I'm selling it.

Everything works perfectly and is in like-new shape. I'm selling the equipment as-is and no returns will be accepted, however. I've added flat-rate shipping of $50 due to the size and weight of the equipment.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

List Date: 11/2/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Custom Subwoofer/Amp for 2007 Cayman
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

1 - 1 of 1 Posts