Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. Kids....We're off and running for 2010!!
Just registered for the CVR 1 day DE at LRP. It's Monday 4/05.

:dance:

Will I have any company?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
mysticCS nice to see you're bright and early for this season. I was looking at this event but unfortunately can't get off work that day so instead I'll be trying to get into a Sat. event at LRP on 4-17. I believe its by HCR. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mysticCS nice to see you're bright and early for this season. I was looking at this event but unfortunately can't get off work that day so instead I'll be trying to get into a Sat. event at LRP on 4-17. I believe its by HCR. :cheers:
Hey Manny,

Sorry I won't see you on the 5th but maybe I'll sign up for the HCR event too!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Hey Manny,

Sorry I won't see you on the 5th but maybe I'll sign up for the HCR event too!!!

Jim
Haha Jim are you turning into Croc'ed? It'll be great to see you there if you decide to go. I'm excited to go to LRP for DE and not just parade laps! :cheers:

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,860 Posts
Haha Jim are you turning into Croc'ed? It'll be great to see you there if you decide to go. I'm excited to go to LRP for DE and not just parade laps! :cheers:
Be very careful, shaggyone. You, too, have been exposed to "the bug." It's an insidious pest that voraciously consumes the time and finances of its victims, leaving them deliriously willing to satisfy its cravings. Consider yourself warned... ;)
Methinks that mysticcs has come down with a full-blown case of "the fever." :crazy: Poor bloke! :eek:

·
World's Foremost Authority
240 Posts
Be very careful, shaggyone. You, too, have been exposed to "the bug." It's an insidious pest that voraciously consumes the time and finances of its victims, leaving them deliriously willing to satisfy its cravings. Consider yourself warned... ;)
Methinks that mysticcs has come down with a full-blown case of "the fever." :crazy: Poor bloke! :eek:
I went through the same progression and that is why it was eventually a no brainer to join the Club at Lime Rock. I have a feeling some of you will eventually come to the same conclusion.

CA

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've been tempted to sign up for the advanced DE with CVR on the club race days, but, my car insurance used to cover me but no longer. I was curious how you guys handle the insurance issue. Do you buy track insurance or does your regular insurance policy cover you?? I've been tracking since 2003 and I've never had a problem, now I have to add another $500+ for track insurance...per event.. It's getting expensive.:(

I did the NNJR event at LRP last April and it turned out to be a great two days.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I look at things ***-backwards. I knew my car insurance didn't cover me when I tracked in the past and was prepared to write the car off since there were no other options.

Now that there are insurance options, I wouldn't free right tracking w/o the net, but the cost of it has driven me out of the game for now.

See what I mean, able to throw away the car, but don't want to spring for $500, go figure...

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been tempted to sign up for the advanced DE with CVR on the club race days, but, my car insurance used to cover me but no longer. I was curious how you guys handle the insurance issue. Do you buy track insurance or does your regular insurance policy cover you?? I've been tracking since 2003 and I've never had a problem, now I have to add another $500+ for track insurance...per event.. It's getting expensive.:(

I did the NNJR event at LRP last April and it turned out to be a great two days.
Check out Locktonaffinity. I've got the coverage for 2 events in the past and it was less than $300. 1,2 or 3 day coverage is the same amount. There is a $2500 deductable but that's like what.....a headlight unit?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Dave, Speaking of which..are you signing up for this???

I signed up for the 4/17 HCR event too! :burnout:

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Although I haven't signed up for the DE, I am planning on playing "hookie" and showing up just for the ride up (hopefully a good day) and the excitement of being at the track...:banana:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another great DE at LRP. The weather this time of year in The Berkshires is pretty much luck of the draw and it was perfect. The track gods were smiling on us once again. Really good turnout too. Despite warnings at the drivers meeting of a "green track", there was plenty of grip to go around first session out! Even though Gator bite and I were the only Nor'easters in attendance, we were not the only crocs by a long shot. My instructor (**** Strahota)mentioned how much he enjoys seeing more and more Caymans showing up at DEs because they are such great track cars! He also said that he thinks Cayman owners progress more quickly than 911 or 944 drivers because of how well the car tracks. At the end of 4 great sessions I did have to ask if hopefully some the the progress was ME and not just because of what I am driving;). He did write "just about ready to advance the Yellow" in my log book so that's cool! Speaking of which, Gator did get signed off to Yellow before the day began so we were not in the same run group but I'm excited for him!

After my DE experience at WGI last Oct., I was a bit less excited with LRP last November for my second DE but yesterday I definately gained more of an appreciation for how technical some of the turns are and how much more momentum you can carry when you really nail the line. The traffic can be a bit frustrating at times on a small track but a good instructor, as **** is, can really help with that by having you focus even more on your line while you're forced to be gowing a little slower. It's a perfect time to discover that slower can make you faster:burnout:

Next CVR LRP DE is 6/03. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A COUPLE MORE FAMILIAR FACES!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts