Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 5 year old child (approx. 18 kg / 40 pounds) decided to take a stroll on my 981, walking from the hood, up on the roof, and back down.
Setting aside surface scratches from her clothes, what kind of damage should I be looking for and where?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A 5 year old child (approx. 18 kg / 40 pounds) decided to take a stroll on my 981, walking from the hood, up on the roof, and back down.
Setting aside surface scratches from her clothes, what kind of damage should I be looking for and where?
Thanks!
This has got to be the most interesting post of the day...

When you say back down, do you mean back down over the frunk or did they continue over the back (trunk) area of the car?

The frunk hood sheet metal and the roof would be my only concerns. You should be able to tell (in the right light) if either have been “dented”. The car’s frame is designed to withstand a lot more than that and I doubt that a child could do any damage to the plastic bumper pieces by standing on them.

I would say that the worse case would be some paintless dent removal time.

Still...

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
My daughter did the same thing the first day I brought car home. Albeit she was 3 y.o. The soft top reminded her the trampoline. So while were were drinking in the back yard, she and her friend did it multiple times. When I saw them jumping on the roof I almost had a heart attack. When I asked her how did the got there, she said "I'll show you daddy", jumped down, then run back up the hood quickly before I could say another word.

Miraculously there were absolutely no damage to the paint of soft top! That roof is strong!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has got to be the most interesting post of the day...

When you say back down, do you mean back down over the frunk or did they continue over the back (trunk) area of the car?

The frunk hood sheet metal and the roof would be my only concerns. You should be able to tell (in the right light) if either have been “dented”. The car’s frame is designed to withstand a lot more than that and I doubt that a child could do any damage to the plastic bumper pieces by standing on them.

I would say that the worse case would be some paintless dent removal time.

Still...
According to the forensic evidence (footprints), and after rigorous north-korean-style integration of my parents (who were storing my car while I was abroad and babysitting my niece for my sister, the combination of which brought us to the current situation), she ran from the frunk to the roof, and 'slid' back down using the front windshield and the frunk.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Now we know the trunk lid is still a virgin!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is there any limit on pain and suffering?

·
Registered
832 Posts
The primary damage you should be concerned about is getting caught after you have disposed of the body. lol Ok, so this happened to me with my 525 BMW when about 5 kids, one ranging up around 50 lbs, decided it would be fun to climb the mountain so to speak. The major damage was on the hood and top. Dent Wizard was able to get the metal strait again and a polish and wax fixed the paint. When all was said and done $500. I think you problem will be that some of your body panels are aluminum not steel. I'm no expert but I'm not sure aluminum has memory like steel. So if it is dented in you may have a very costly problem. If no dents then it's just a matter of scratches which can typically be taken care of by polish and wax. You have my deepest sympathy. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
According to the forensic evidence (footprints), and after rigorous north-korean-style integration of my parents (who were storing my car while I was abroad and babysitting my niece for my sister, the combination of which brought us to the current situation), she ran from the frunk to the roof, and 'slid' back down using the front windshield and the frunk.
Apparently the roof can take a LOT of weight.

Porsche 911 GT2 RS Smashes Nurburgring Lap Time With 6:47.3 Run

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
A long, long time ago I owned a 911 (see Avatar). My wife and I were living in an apartment complex. I parked the 911 in the far reaches of the parking lot but that didn't stop one kid from finding it and using it as a sliding board . . . . while the mother stood there and watched. I went ballistic. Aside from a few scratches . . . which polished out . . . the car was fine. However, I think I traumatized the mother. To this day I hate apartment complexes.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Well, when there is damage due to a child, there should be a damage due to the child. :)

A long, long time ago I owned a 911 (see Avatar). My wife and I were living in an apartment complex. I parked the 911 in the far reaches of the parking lot but that didn't stop one kid from finding it and using it as a sliding board . . . . while the mother stood there and watched. I went ballistic. Aside from a few scratches . . . which polished out . . . the car was fine. However, I think I traumatized the mother. To this day I hate apartment complexes.
There's nothing wrong with apartment complex, most of the world lives in them. There is all kinds of wrong going on with the people, though. How people treat even their own cars here is unthinkable to me - even for 15 years old daily beater which I would probably treat better than most of them treat new cars.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hey, tell us what you found. I'd be very surprised if you find no dents at all. Don't remember on the Cayman, but typically, when waxing my cars, I can always accidentally feel (and hear) the sheetmetal 'denting' when applying pressure in the middle of hood, roof, or both. It bounces back after removing pressure, but I'm sure I apply a lot less than 40 lbs of pressure. The good news is even if there's a dent, it could be PDR'd (paintless dent removal). And if in the hood, no trim removal at all. As a closing comment, using somebody else's car for their own amusement implies very poor parenting. No way one of my kids would ever think about doing that, even on an old car. Therefore, I'd get off on the stupid parent more than the kid;). Good luck; hope there's no trace of it. And thankfully the girl wasn't 80 lbs, like it's more typical these days. He he.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
There's nothing wrong with apartment complex, most of the world lives in them. There is all kinds of wrong going on with the people, though. How people treat even their own cars here is unthinkable to me - even for 15 years old daily beater which I would probably treat better than most of them treat new cars.
No, there is nothing inherently wrong with apartment/condominium complexes. Yes, many people live in apartment complexes/condominium complexes. I have lived in my share of apartment complexes. But I would much rather park my cars in my garage. Just saying.

By the way, twice I have had a parked car damaged. Both times my car was parked in the apartment complex where I was living. Go figure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.