Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During (bad) install of air scoops, I made some damage to the side vent inside. Basically, some de-colorization. How would go about
painting this? I think this is plastic.

Or is it easy to replace if I could find the part? Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't find the part #. Someone in another forum suggested to use Krylon plastic spray paint. Another product is forever black dye. This seems to be a plastic part.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I used black shoe dye (not polish) on my MINI's black plastic wheel arches. It was not perfect, but if forever black or Back to Black doesn't work, you might try that before you replace the part.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure. My plan is to dye it using Forever black followed it with Carpro DLUX coating. I think that should last for few years because this part is not exposed to sun any more once scoop is installed. Perhaps give several coatings..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Krylon plastics paint aerosol worked well. I masked off surrounding area and able to spray little by little to get even
coat. I think it looks better now.. I think I should have gone with SEM brand OEM black aerosol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.