Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[pic=left]http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/dream1a.jpg[/pic]Good news for Boxster and Cayman owners: Using your stock mufflers you can increase the power and performance of your Boxster/Cayman! The DREAM 1 has dual radius pipes with an internal exhaust gas flow diverter. It eliminates the opposing exhaust gas turbulence of the stock unit for a smoother and more efficient exit of the exhaust gases.

Beautifully simple! Resulting in:
  • Mellow sound
  • Quicker acceleration
  • Additional power for less money
The DREAM 1 is a bolt on replacement of the stock T unit. The stock mufflers remain in place. Manufactured in America and currently available for:
2005-2008 Boxster, S
2006-2008 Cayman, S
2009-2010 2.9 Boxsters & Caymans
Introductory price of $246.95
For more information visit BC Velocity Exhausts

BC Velocity will be posting sounds clips and dyno charts soon as they are currently working with a site member to do an independent test and gather additional data. If you have additional questions please ask them in this topic thread and BC Velocity exhaust will do their best to answer these questions in a timely fashion. You may also wish to contact them directly through their website, the link for which is posted above.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello SKUP. To us it means louder than stock but not loud. It has a low pitch sound as opposed to a high pitch sound. The sound will vary depending upon your car having dual exhaust tips or the square tip. We like the sound and it doesn't drone at level cruising speed.
Carmona Red

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I will donate mine as a tester if they want to send me one for free.

·
Cayman Owner
100 Posts
I would be willing to try this out, and am more then willing to post my findings if free. I own a 2008 porsche cayman s, no engine mods done, 12k miles but I wonder if this will sound 1/2 way between stock and if you slide the top connecting rod open a bit.

-Is there any issues you foresee with longevity of the part?

-Also, if I get one, I will post a video with sound (or send it to whoever wants to view it). showing a comparison of all three options (stock, stock with open valve on connecting pipe, & Dream 1 exhaust installed)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello UAVCaymanS. I have already made an offer to GoMarlins3 to test the unit. Let's wait to see what his response is. We foresee no long term issues as the unit is made of steel and ceramic coated inside and out. We have over 4,000 miles on the prototype with no problems. We have no experience with the noise level when the top connecting tube is opened up.
Carmona Red

·
Registered
86 Posts
I dont get it? .......How can it make more power and sound any different the stock tips, the sound of the exhaust is derived from the muffler system is it not, for one I can see maybe how it flows a little better but enough to show power gains? I cant wait to see the results of the testing.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello Laseng, yes you have to loosen/disconnect the right header pipe, in front of the muffler, so you can move the mufflers around to remove the stock unit and install the DREAM1 unit. The stock and DREAM1 units are the same size. We provide installation instructions with the unit. We have a grease pit in the garage, for access to the mufflers, and since we have done the installation several times we can do it in 45-60 minuets. The installation would be difficult without a lift, ramps or grease pit to provide access to the exhaust system.
Carmona Red.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello Chirnman-S. Yes the mufflers are the major sound determiners. However, when the exhaust splits in two to exit from the twin exhaust tip it makes a slightly different sound than when it exits from the straight exhaust in the square exhaust tip. Removing the head on turbulence of the stock results in a more efficient exit of the exhaust gases and produces more power. Please visit Welcome To BC Velocity Exhausts and you will see the results of our dyno runs.
Carmona Red

1 - 20 of 219 Posts