Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My left air vent has will not adjust right/left and has a little clip that have come loose. I am looking for some direction to fix this. Anyone know where I can see how to fix this myself?

I have search and could not find the answer to this. I fi I have overlooked, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Thom

·
Registered
346 Posts
this is something that can be fixed, if its loose, there should be a clip somewhere inside that fell off, you need to clip it back located at the back of the thing you flip left and right, hopefully it doesnt go inside the vent. I used a u shape stick to pull it and clip it back, I didnt have to remove anything

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have the "fang" piece that came off. I was not sure how it went back in place and if it needed to be glued or how it attached. Sounds like it clips in?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I is much easier if you take the vent cover off. The way you take it off is to pry on the bottom by pulling out. The best thing to use is a interior plastic tool. If you do not have one you can use a screw driver wrapped in a clothe so you do not scratch anything. The vent pops of rather easily with a little pressure. Once off it is very easy to reattach the clip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got this fixed. Was a little tricky getting is aligned. Got it in place and it just sort of fit. Did not really notice a click when it was in place, but moved it all around and it stayed. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts