Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing what a BMW friend had done with the Dashware software from Chasecam, I decided to purchase a copy. Dashware lets you create custom gauges and merge data logger data over the top of video recordings from the track or autocross. I took photos of my 2007 Cayman S instrument panel and modified them for animation using Dashware.

The YouTube video below shows what can be done by combining video from a ChaseCam bullet camera connected to a standard Sony miniDV camcorder and TraqMate data using Dashware. This video was recorded during an instructor session on April 26, 2009 at a Rocky Mountain Region PCA DE on the new High Plains Raceway track 60 miles east of Denver.

In addition to the usual track position, speed and G-forces, my Traqmate is setup to record RPM, throttle position and brakes (via the brake light signal). The Traqmate calculates the selected gear from RPM and speed data.

The data across the top of the video is:
C.Lap - Current lap number and elapsed time
Prior - Elapsed time of prior lap
F.Lap - Fastest lap number and elapsed time
Delta - difference in elapsed time between the current lap and fasted lap at the current point on the track

Unfortunately a lot of resolution is lost in the compression on YouTube. The original video looks much better...

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
That is pretty cool.

I think it is funny that the redundant analog speedo is included.

And what in the name of Porsche is that SQUEAK???

(I just got my PDR back from "the shop". I broke a couple of CF pins. Chasecam was great when it came to repairs, by the way. Now I have 32GB on board.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice Dash!
Would love to use it for my Race Vids!
Do you mind sharing the Dashboard file? (I also use dashware for rendering my AiM Telemetry on the videos)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nicely done.

Have you any experience of iPhone 3Gs with PLX KIWI WIFI with REV software which provides OBD2 wireless connectivity? I wonder if an iPhone app may become available to provide video with superimposed OBD2 channels in the display.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Kind regards to all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts