Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Like bringing a knife to a gun fight, isn't it? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we're moved to AS next year, where we should have been all along.

SCCA still hasn't responded to my letter about moving 987.2S from SS to AS, and 987.2 from AS to BS, but they did put this in the latest fastrack, which gives hope:
#16160 2013 Porsche Boxster S Move to AS Proposal
Thank you for your input. This is a vehicle that the SAC and SEB will continue to monitor
http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/SEB 15-fastrack-mar 1-2.pdf

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah makes me wish I was back in FP boxster only down 100 hp from fast cars! Nothing like being down 300 HP with cars that have tons of tire. Perhaps I can pray for narrow all slalom course. Makes me laugh as I think I could run ASP street tire (Local index class for SP cars running street tires) and probably be better off than running in SS. But I want to see how badly I get creamed.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Will be interesting to see how much of that power they can put to ground in practice; I have a sneaking suspicion most of that horsepower will be unusable on most courses in the hands of most drivers. In the end, it's going to be course dependent, just like SS always is.

We're not going to be nationally competitive in SS, but I don't think the performance difference is as big as the power:weight numbers would indicate. When I drive well I can beat the GT3s and Elises locally in my Boxster S, even with the disadvantages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts